Benefits COVID Shot PTO

lokinix

Tech After Dark
Hey, does anyone know if they are still giving PTO or whatnot for getting your cvoid shot or booster?

I am due for my second booster and I wanted to take advantage of it, since I missed it for the first booster because I fot it before I started at Target.

I asked the HRTM and they seemed to not know what I was talking about.

I figured I'd ask here, before calling the TM line on Monday.

Target gave out 6 hours (2 for each dose, 3 doses). I figure if you have hours left, you could probably finagle getting them to give it to you for the second booster.

Hey, does anyone know if they are still giving PTO or whatnot for getting your cvoid shot or booster?

I am due for my second booster and I wanted to take advantage of it, since I missed it for the first booster because I fot it before I started at Target.

I asked the HRTM and they seemed to not know what I was talking about.

I figured I'd ask here, before calling the TM line on Monday.
Target is still giving TMs and TLs 2 hours per dose, boosters included. You can still get the pay for your other shots even if you didn’t work for Target at the time. Just show your HR your vaccination card and they can retro pay it to you.

They weren't able to key it in for me because it would be OT. I don't understand how it would be available for people who work near full-time. I was at 39.50 for last week (I got mine yesterday).

They weren't able to key it in for me because it would be OT. I don't understand how it would be available for people who work near full-time. I was at 39.50 for last week (I got mine yesterday).
Its a separate bucket and shouldn't affect OT. They should be able to key it even if you were at 40

Its a separate bucket and shouldn't affect OT. They should be able to key it even if you were at 40
That's what I said, I thought it came from the emergency sick bucket, but she said no, she had been keying people to have a longer day that day and that people should be going on a day they work, during work, which I called BS on. The advert includes free lyft rides, that doesn't indicate that it has to be during a work day.

She claims that the HR Center told her it can't be keyed over 40 since it can't be OT and that it had to be keyed for the day you get the shot.

I am not going to argue with her, she does a lot of the initial scheduling and I don't want to cross her, so I won't go to the ETL either.

That's what I said, I thought it came from the emergency sick bucket, but she said no, she had been keying people to have a longer day that day and that people should be going on a day they work, during work, which I called BS on. The advert includes free lyft rides, that doesn't indicate that it has to be during a work day.

She claims that the HR Center told her it can't be keyed over 40 since it can't be OT and that it had to be keyed for the day you get the shot.

I am not going to argue with her, she does a lot of the initial scheduling and I don't want to cross her, so I won't go to the ETL either.
I just checked my paystub for the two weeks I got my shots... both weeks I was over 40 hours and it went through anyways.

I’m an ETL HR, and it’s not OT. Whoever told you that is misinformed. They can key it in for you and it won’t flag as OT because they aren’t hours worked.
I was just coming to post an update - I talked to my ETL and she said it would be keyed as it is suppose to come from the ETO and that the HRTM was mistaken and that he may need to go back and make sure they were not misdone for others.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Target is still giving TMs and TLs 2 hours per dose, boosters included. You can still get the pay for your other shots even if you didn’t work for Target at the time. Just show your HR your vaccination card and they can retro pay it to you.
Why would Target pay for something that happened prior to employment? That’s asinine, and I’ll confirm not something that happens in my building. Using your logic, if I lost family members a year or so before Target hired me, could I take a couple weeks bereavement within my first year?

Why would Target pay for something that happened prior to employment? That’s asinine, and I’ll confirm not something that happens in my building. Using your logic, if I lost family members a year or so before Target hired me, could I take a couple weeks bereavement within my first year?
Target is encouraging people to get vaccinated. It’s a benefit the company is giving. This isn’t my “logic”, it’s a policy that is on workbench.

Target is encouraging people to get vaccinated. It’s a benefit the company is giving. This isn’t my “logic”, it’s a policy that is on workbench.
I thought it said you had to be working for Target at the time to get credit for one's going back to August?

Maybe that’s a NY thing but not here. I’m in CA and we don’t have that rule.

Gotcha. The pages don't always line up. There are a lot of of.contradictings, so I appreciate your help!

It looks like the NY specific part is just the number of hours paid... no difference in eligibility
Really? This is what I printed our from workbench to show that I get 4 hours per shot, because I am in NYS. This is as of 05/01.
Based on that, you won't get anything for your shots done before you were employed, but if you have emergency time off hours available, I'd push for your HR to key the second booster in once you get it. It says "a" booster, no specification regarding 1 or 2

Based on that, you won't get anything for your shots done before you were employed, but if you have emergency time off hours available, I'd push for your HR to key the second booster in once you get it. It says "a" booster, no specification regarding 1 or 2
They keyed it, they just were trying to say (the HR-TM), that they couldn't key it because it would be OT, but I showed them the print out and they said they couldn't do it. I talked to the HR-ETL and they had them key it, so they said we'll see when payroll runs, if it kicks it out or not.

Back