Archived CRAZY capacities

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one peghook in seasonal that has a capacity of 1800. Really Target. Really?

Why is there so much inefficiency concerning this. I can understand a few off. But when you have locations that say they'll hold 278 when it can.pnly hold 6, something is wrong.

Instead of expecting every store to "correct" this, why not take care if it at the source?

What idiot or computer program this 1800 of anything can fit on a single peghook? Come on.

But get to it 1820 stores! Better fix it.

I always figured the capacities were computer generated, but obvious fat finger errors like that make me wonder.

It causes so much inefficiency at the store level and results in a lot of product sent to stores that isn't needed.

Again, HQ, a handful of people doing this in the POG department there, would save several thousands of hours of TMs doing it in ALL the stores. (As if we have the hours and time to do it anyway!)

I overheard our log ETL talking about it today. The whole store has to have every dpci's capacity and sfq updated. Great! Where are those hundreds if not thousands of hours coming from? If it's so bad, why wasn't it an issue last year, or two years ago, or 5 years ago?

I've noticed some pogs now tell you the capacity of the peghook on the schematic. Wonder if this particular item of @unknown shows it as a capacity of 1800. I know my husband looks over his computer generated pogs to check for those kind of errors but I also know not everyone else does.

I've noticed some pogs now tell you the capacity of the peghook on the schematic. Wonder if this particular item of @unknown shows it as a capacity of 1800. I know my husband looks over his computer generated pogs to check for those kind of errors but I also know not everyone else does.

What good would it do to have the capacity written on the schematic? I can check it just with the mydevice, which is what they are "requiring " is to do now. Not that we have time.

Who wrote such a horrible program? 1800 for one peg? Doesn't even make sense.

I've seen this so many times, and it's not just pegs - 1400 spray bottles fit on this shelf? Why would we put that many out at one time, assuming we even had that many?

Heard recently that changing the capacity in EXF doesn't actually work, even though it looks like it at the time. I keep forgetting to check in my area, but other TMs have told me that they change a capacity and the next day it's back again to a ridiculous number. Any of y'all know about this?

I've seen this so many times, and it's not just pegs - 1400 spray bottles fit on this shelf? Why would we put that many out at one time, assuming we even had that many?

Heard recently that changing the capacity in EXF doesn't actually work, even though it looks like it at the time. I keep forgetting to check in my area, but other TMs have told me that they change a capacity and the next day it's back again to a ridiculous number. Any of y'all know about this?

That's great to hear since every mockingbird ... I mean ETL says to "change capacity and sfq using exf SQUAWK .... change capacity and using sfq using exf!" I often wonder if any of these brainiacs have a novel thought or are just good at regurgitating what they hear?

Edited: Not really good at, since half the time they can't even do what the addendum says. I'm looking at you SD for not scheduling ANY signing hours even though it explicitly says to in the addendum.

What good would it do to have the capacity written on the schematic? I can check it just with the mydevice, which is what they are "requiring " is to do now. Not that we have time.

Who wrote such a horrible program? 1800 for one peg? Doesn't even make sense.

Totally agree, it is weird and unnecessary to have it listed on the Plano. And the software has sucked for years, never any improvements. If anything, it's gotten worse!

Yes, I have noticed some....quirks when attempting to use EXF. Had to change a capacity of a peg to 1 even though 2 fit because it would not allow me (or anyone else) to update it to two and it kept pulling out of the backroom. Also, when updating in EXF, if you change the capacity of one item and then scan the next item, it will show the new item's capacity as the last item's updated one instead of the actual pre-set capacity of the new item. Unless you switch back and forth between the myWork screen and the EXF screen between each scan. Learned that quirk when updating during the last Pets transition.

Totally agree, it is weird and unnecessary to have it listed on the Plano. And the software has sucked for years, never any improvements. If anything, it's gotten worse!

Yes, I have noticed some....quirks when attempting to use EXF. Had to change a capacity of a peg to 1 even though 2 fit because it would not allow me (or anyone else) to update it to two and it kept pulling out of the backroom. Also, when updating in EXF, if you change the capacity of one item and then scan the next item, it will show the new item's capacity as the last item's updated one instead of the actual pre-set capacity of the new item. Unless you switch back and forth between the myWork screen and the EXF screen between each scan. Learned that quirk when updating during the last Pets transition.

Nobody ain't got time for all that. Change this. Check that. Check it again.

I am going to lose my shit. Everyone pushing BTS is overpushing and flexing SOOOOOO MUCH. Every day I come in and backstock 25 lunch boxes and pencil bags.

I updated the capacities but do they care? Nope.

Please tell me they update capacities during inventory (we are doing it next week)

Changing capacity on apple watches or accessories, don’t work.
Is this new? I had to show someone in Tech how to change capacity on apple watches within the past month because it kept autofilling all available in the back, and our AP (don't know if this is store specific or what) only allows 1 of each dpci in the Apple lock cabinet. Since I showed him how, it has been fine and only pulls when one is sold, and capacity still shows 1.
I am going to lose my shit. Everyone pushing BTS is overpushing and flexing SOOOOOO MUCH. Every day I come in and backstock 25 lunch boxes and pencil bags.

I updated the capacities but do they care? Nope.

Please tell me they update capacities during inventory (we are doing it next week)
Our BTS is over half empty because it is all still sitting in pallets because we don't have the manpower or allotted hours to work it, except 1 person per day, but they also end up doing most of the morning autofill pulls as well. (We are very low volume)

Target does inventory? How often do they do it?

There are some DBO'S that are flex crazy at my store but I have a feeling it is because they don't want to or don't know how to backstock.

My biggest issue is when you have a dept with big items that 1 can fit, or something like tech/beauty who can only fit x number of things because of being in lock cases. POG says 8 will fit. With lock cases 4 will fit. Update every single item capacity. Then, next time a POG revision drops.... guess what? You are changing everything again.

We have one peghook in seasonal that has a capacity of 1800. Really Target. Really?

Why is there so much inefficiency concerning this. I can understand a few off. But when you have locations that say they'll hold 278 when it can.pnly hold 6, something is wrong.

Instead of expecting every store to "correct" this, why not take care if it at the source?

What idiot or computer program this 1800 of anything can fit on a single peghook? Come on.

But get to it 1820 stores! Better fix it.
It was an email sent from hq that all the bts planos had wrong counts and was to be fixed by today. But then again who ever set your bts should have done their due diligence and check it.

It was an email sent from hq that all the bts planos had wrong counts and was to be fixed by today. But then again who ever set your bts should have done their due diligence and check it.

So every store had to waste hours upon hours "fixing" counts that should have been correct? Where do those hours come from? Well, it didn't happen at my store. From what management says, we simply don't have the hours.

You do see how telling over 1800 stores to fix these counts is a huge time sink? Why not create these pogs with the correct capacities at inception?

That explains why our BTS DBO was so happy when I got pulled to help stock and I asked him if he wanted me to fix the capacities as I go. Looked like he was going to hug me and we normally don't get along very well.

So every store had to waste hours upon hours "fixing" counts that should have been correct? Where do those hours come from? Well, it didn't happen at my store. From what management says, we simply don't have the hours.

You do see how telling over 1800 stores to fix these counts is a huge time sink? Why not create these pogs with the correct capacities at inception?
Not even that! If it's that bad, they could easily drop a revision in that changes the capacities, which would take zero time by anyone in the store other than just doing the ties.

I love how the SFQs updating once a pretied POG is tied to include all the trapped transition is still broken.

Last edited:
Not even that! If it's _that_ bad, they could easily drop a revision in that changes the capacities, which would take zero time by anyone in the store other than just doing the ties.

I love how the SFQs updating once a pretied POG is tied to include all the trapped transition is still broken.

No, that would take REAL time. It's easier for corporate to just say, "Fix the capacities and sfq's as you set and push." As if it doesn't take any time. I wonder if anyone at corporate understands how much time it actually takes? I really doubt most stores are updating it like they say.

No, that would take REAL time. It's easier for corporate to just say, "Fix the capacities and sfq's as you set and push." As if it doesn't take any time. I wonder if anyone at corporate understands how much time it actually takes? I really doubt most stores are updating it like they say.
Especially when EXF is extremely glitchy and rarely works well. Our POG team always tries to fix all the SFQs so their pull isn't massive, and half the time the changes don't stick or they just get the spinning circle.

Why is this capacity thing such a hard thing for an organization as large as Target to manage? It's not rocket science. Or if it's going to be wrong, let it be by a small number so a pull doesn't generate 20 of this and 40 of that when just a couple will actually go out. It's stupid waste of time - like we scheduled for so many hours that we're twiddling our thumbs.
Although I'll admit that I like EXF scanning for my own outs and lows - I know how many I want to pull and it usually works.

Why is this capacity thing such a hard thing for an organization as large as Target to manage? It's not rocket science. Or if it's going to be wrong, let it be by a small number so a pull doesn't generate 20 of this and 40 of that when just a couple will actually go out. It's stupid waste of time - like we scheduled for so many hours that we're twiddling our thumbs.
Although I'll admit that I like EXF scanning for my own outs and lows - I know how many I want to pull and it usually works.

I think they don't know how to fix it or just assume it's no big deal to change hundreds if not thousands of dpcis in a set. Wastes so much time.

It really only became in issue within the last 2 years.

I think they don't know how to fix it or just assume it's no big deal to change hundreds if not thousands of dpcis in a set. Wastes so much time.

It really only became in issue within the last 2 years.

I really don't think it takes that much time. As you push something to the floor, click exf, update capacity and floor count. Sure, it adds a couple of seconds per DPCI pushed. But, it hardly seems to be a big burden. I don't really know though. Not my normal job to push things anymore. It should be unecessary. Seems like a quick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back