Archived Crazy guest stories during the holiday season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your most crazy story involving a guest?

I've been in retail for 2 years now. My first year was a lady screaming at me and my manager, calling us incompetent and stupid because she couldn't read the box that said indoor/outdoor lights, and there were no employees to help her on the floor.

This year was people leaving cd's in the restrooms and black friday (now work another retail job)

On Black Thursday my store had a crowd of well over 200 people lined up. Well, about 30 minutes away from unlocking the doors, about 50 people bum rushed our front entrance and tried to shove past our TPS (Before I was AP) and ETL-AP. The reason? Someone started a rumor at the back of the like saying "They are going to unlock the doors early if you're here to buy an iPhone!" They were not happy that they lost their spots in line, and things were getting pretty hectic. Thankfully the police showed up about then and things didn't get too crazy.

I had a guest come up and ask me to check if we had any more selfie sticks in stock. I checked, and there was only 1 - the one that she gave me to scan. She got all huffy at me, grabbed the thing out of my hand, and yelled, "Never mind, I'll just have guest services find it for me!"

Gee whiz, chill. It's a flippin' selfie stick.

I had a guest come up and ask me to check if we had any more selfie sticks in stock. I checked, and there was only 1 - the one that she gave me to scan. She got all huffy at me, grabbed the thing out of my hand, and yelled, "Never mind, I'll just have guest services find it for me!"

Gee whiz, chill. It's a flippin' selfie stick.

Guests seem to think, that Guest Service can make things magically appear. I am a GS team member and guests think I can make items magically appear for the price they are willing to pay :rolleyes:. Some guests get upset when I can't make the magic happen. I am still getting daily demands for that stupid pie face game, its been out of stock for weeks now.

Guests seem to think, that Guest Service can make things magically appear. I am a GS team member and guests think I can make items magically appear for the price they are willing to pay :rolleyes:. Some guests get upset when I can't make the magic happen. I am still getting daily demands for that stupid pie face game, its been out of stock for weeks now.

We just started getting those back in stock. I started offering to come to their house and hit them in the face with a pie for $20 ... Some guy actually contemplated it for a second lol

We just started getting those back in stock. I started offering to come to their house and hit them in the face with a pie for $20 ... Some guy actually contemplated it for a second lol

Haha, you are too funny! We are still out of that stupid game.

It's not just guests- at my store the floor staff and cashiers seem to think that GS has magical powers. "Why yes, of course I can apply your cartwheel three weeks after the fact and give you the deal you saw on KrazyKoupon.com that totally violates our store policy! Oh and let me price match to ebay while I'm at it!"

It's not just guests- at my store the floor staff and cashiers seem to think that GS has magical powers. "Why yes, of course I can apply your cartwheel three weeks after the fact and give you the deal you saw on KrazyKoupon.com that totally violates our store policy! Oh and let me price match to ebay while I'm at it!"

You are correct! We even have some sales floor/flow/backroom team member who refuse to go to a regular check lane and only check out at guest services even if there is no wait at a check lane.

You are correct! We even have some sales floor/flow/backroom team member who refuse to go to a regular check lane and only check out at guest services even if there is no wait at a check lane.

I sometimes do that because I enjoy making my Guest Service friends check me out.

OMFG. The things that cashiers will send guests to the SD for are ridiculous. When a guest comes up to me with a request that the cashier so obviously could have taken care of at the POS, I will look at the register number and show them how to do what the guest wanted. Especially this time of year, the GS line is ridiculous. Don't make guests stand on that line unnecessarily.

Well on Black Thursday we had someone load a tv in their cart then try to walkout without paying. This was funny as hell to me because not even 10 minutes earlier I had a guest tell me she was at another target where the same thing had happened....

Gotta love people who think they can just walk out with a huge electronic and not pay or get caught l...

We had someone do it successfully a week or so ago. ETL-LOG tried to stop the guest at the door and ask them if they had a receipt, they said they'd brought the TV with them to exchange it but decided not to. Was no AP present so he didn't push the issue.

OMFG. The things that cashiers will send guests to the SD for are ridiculous. When a guest comes up to me with a request that the cashier so obviously could have taken care of at the POS, I will look at the register number and show them how to do what the guest wanted. Especially this time of year, the GS line is ridiculous. Don't make guests stand on that line unnecessarily.

I agree ugh. And the cashiers who give out false information and tell the guests that guest service can look up their red cards, activate red cards etc. The only thing we can do, is take payments for red cards.

I agree ugh. And the cashiers who give out false information and tell the guests that guest service can look up their red cards, activate red cards etc. The only thing we can do, is take payments for red cards.
Yep! I was cashier last night next to a newer cashier. She was telling her guest to go to the SD because the price of an item rang up wrong. I was like please don't do that. Hit your blinker and have the GSTL handle that. There's nothing more the SD can do than the GSTL. smdh

I was on a register the week before Christmas and had a guest swear up and down that the Super Target by her house could look up her redcard at the register using her social security number. As in, she wanted to pay using the card without having the card present. She kept arguing with me and insisting until I eventually gave up on logic and told her that only Super Targets can do that. Please forgive me, future Super Target team member, for the shitstorm that woman will unleash upon you someday...

Christmas Eve, a guest was upset that we didn't have any Christmas trees left except the displays ...
He wanted one in a box !!!

Yep! I was cashier last night next to a newer cashier. She was telling her guest to go to the SD because the price of an item rang up wrong. I was like please don't do that. Hit your blinker and have the GSTL handle that. There's nothing more the SD can do than the GSTL. smdh
Cashiers can change prices as well. Just change the price and hit K2. I am glad you told the newer cashier to hit her blinker, it's annoying when cashiers send a guest to guest services for stuff like that. Not just for the GSTM but for the guest as well. They have to go to GS and wait in line again.

Cashiers can change prices as well. Just change the price and hit K2. I am glad you told the newer cashier to hit her blinker, it's annoying when cashiers send a guest to guest services for stuff like that. Not just for the GSTM but for the guest as well. They have to go to GS and wait in line again.
Yeah, I know, but the guest was saying an item that rang up $149.99 was on the floor for 89.99. That was blinker-worthy.

I had a guy make a payment on his redcard, then came in my line only to have his card declined. He explained he had just made a payment. I had just started so I hit my light, the woman that came over explained that it would take a couple days for the payment to clear...the man snapped his card in half and walked away.

I have my new Target M/C ( used to be Tgt Visa) with the chip and pin. Used at at my former Target this past Sunday with no problem. Tried to use it online and it declined it. I ended up using my Tgt debit and it went thru fine. Looked at my account info on Target.com and the new card was listed there. I was nowhere near my credit limit. I'm thinking that maybe Target.com hasn't caught up with the new chip and pin technology (wouldn't surprise me in the least). Anyway, my point is that I figured it was just a glitch so did not get mad at the poor guys in chat who where trying to help me figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back