Archived Credit transactions broke at open?

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

Did anyone elses store have this? All of our registers prompted to call 719 on almost every credit transaction, and the lines were giving busy tones lol. Would have been a pretty epic nightmare, but I remembered reading on here that you can use the last 4 digits on the CC and get past that prompt. Pretty much saved the day at my store lol.

Yup. Total disaster. You could also bypass it by printing a paper copy instead of having the guest sign the card reader. I haven't seen a call for an approval code in years, so it threw me off a bit.

Did anyone elses store have this? All of our registers prompted to call 719 on almost every credit transaction, and the lines were giving busy tones lol. Would have been a pretty epic nightmare, but I remembered reading on here that you can use the last 4 digits on the CC and get past that prompt. Pretty much saved the day at my store lol.

They had me as GSTL today. As soon as that happened, I panicked. I was like Oh Sh%& that's it we're done lol. my ETLs were all yelling my name over the walkie like if I could go in the system and bring it back up. I mean I am good, but not that good lol.

yep here too

This was a global issue. They sent an email to the Store Team Leads with a work around.

It happened at my store, my great etl-gs & super gstl's handled it well. Stay calmEd through the whole thing.

The supervisors code didn't work, no 719 option, they stayed calm, no panic. I need to write some gtc cards for them on Saturday.

I heard my favorite GSTL at my old store talking about this when i went in after clocking out @ the gas station. Had to have been a nightmare for the cashiers.

I thought it was not allowed/best practice to do the 4 digits on card trick. Something about it being a safety risk issue or something.

the stl came up to me and thanked me personally for figuring it out lol. we had almost every lane stuck on that screen, and it was beginning to backup into softlines... if we didn't get things rolling when we did we would have had to implement crowd control measures.

Oh well your STL might not know then or just put the guests at risk so you guys wouldn't suffer. But I am 99.9% sure you are not suppose to do that as it is a high risk security issue for the guest. One of my cashiers tried to do that a couple of months ago and the GSTL and ETL GE ripped the dude open.

Guest could say they didn't authorize the transaction and they can get money back as you didn't call, etc.

Yeah in general I would call 719 when prompted... But when the phone lines are ringing busy and its on almost every register... I figured the good outweighed the bad by a considerable margin.

Here's my story with this.

One of the registers in Electronics gets the 719 prompt for a Target Visa, they go through the wait of about 15 minutes and get the approval code, not even 5 minutes later I get a prompt at my register in Electronics. Luckily the guest I was with had a different card and just used that.
2 guests go by and another person uses a Visa card, not a Target Visa, just a regular one. And I get prompted to call 719. On hold for 26 minutes and I get Target India and the guy tells me I was supposed to call 716 and that he cannot help me, I was like I have waited on hold for almost a half an hour and the computer gave me 719 to call, I need an authorization, to which he answers I cannot help you. So now I am frustrated and am like I need to speak with a supervisor to get this resolved, and Mr India says we don't have supervisors and hangs up on me. I sit there in awe for a moment, hang up the phone and go "oh ************, really" in my head.
Thank God this guests friend showed up and used her debit card to pay for her merch. Jeeze!

I also had a few credit cards get declined and a couple that were debit/credit cards, so they were like I will try it as a debit and that went through.

Some S hit the fan and there was no urgent messages or anything by 0400 when I went to my lunch, but it was pretty much resolved by the time I got back, it seemed like it was just the first 2 hours or so. My guess is that Visa flagged all these early purchases as suspicious since they were high amounts at odd times of the night, since all of our cards that were getting declined happened to be Visa's... :-\

Yeah in general I would call 719 when prompted... But when the phone lines are ringing busy and its on almost every register... I figured the good outweighed the bad by a considerable margin.

This. It was clearly a widespread issue, and even if it wasn't country-wide, we at least knew at the moment that it was store-wide. Enter 4 digits, make the guest happy, keep the lines moving..... or make every single guest wait what could be hours.... piss everyone off, lose a bunch of sales, probably overcrowd the store since everyone would be coming in and noone would be going out... and risk one guest even thinking that they could call and dispute the charge because we entered 4 numbers? Easy choice made by our STL. Granted, I was the one who realized any 4 numbers could work, but he was the one who ok'd it and had everyone do the same.

we just kept having the guests swipe their cards over and it would usually just go through the second or third swipe. It sucked the first couple of guests we got ESPECIALLY since we didn't know what was going on and for some reason our phones weren't working at the lanes.. pretty sure the gstm hated us when we sent 20 people their way with suspend slips. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back