Cross training at target question

Hello everyone I just want to say thank you for giving me great advice and tips on the break room website I appreciate that. So what I do at target as an employee is that I am a cart attendant, Cashier, Self checkout advocate, and I do drive ups but I have not been trained yet to work at guest service desk yet. Is this because they want to keep me longer like to make my position permanent? I know you guys are wondering why am I asking to much seasonal questions. The answer is is that I don't know how it works and I am working my butt off to make it into a permanent position. Well back to what I am saying is that I am actually crossed trained to do those positions at target and been getting positive feedback from team leaders. I do look forward for the guest service training btw :)

Most people dont like doing carts so if your doing carts well they are just using you to do carts. Tbh most people don't get trained at guest service unless they hire you for it. If they keep you permanently then theyd probably be more likely to train you for guest service. This year im being told im keeping everyone that is good and theyll find a spot for them. I have a list of definite no and definite yes. The in between i will probably be able to only keep a couple, but i am the fulfillment tl so i have like 40 people i need to consider, so ill have to let quite a few go that maybe deserve a chance.

Take the initiative if you get a chance and train yourself at guest services. Returns are normally straightforward. Scan the receipt or ID, scan the item, hit recommended refund, and done. Run into problems ask the other people at the desk for help. Do that between your cart duties if you see a line at the desk. Take the initiative to help guests and yourself. This time of year, they aren't going to take the time to train you on it because everyone is too busy.

Back