Archived Curb Side (Flexible Fulfillment extention)

How do you feel about the new "Curb Side"

• I saw this coming...

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I welcome thee with open arms!

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I guess it's okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $#!%

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroneru

is choosing a custom title.
Well ladies and gents. Here it is. Taking over as the new epitome of lazying shopping from FF is... *drum roll*

Curb Side!

That's right folks. Enjoy all the splendors of FF yet without parting your buns from your warm car seat. Feel like Julius Caesar himself as your lowly servants cheerful Target Team Members shuffle their way to you bearing gifts. We understand that long work days leave our guests tired to shop. You want that $5 Adam Sandlers movie that's literally 20 feet from the stores entrance, no problem! We got you covered. Stay comfy in your air conditioned vehicle as you stare mindlessly at our store front. Gazing for 20 minutes because you arrived well ahead of your order confirmation e-mail...

P.S. Please have hot cocoa ready on arrival for TMs that will have to trek through Winter winds and snow during the 4th Quarter.

Discuss; is your store a pilot store or have you heard word of this already?

Last edited:
Out store is training us for this, and we're all pissed. We'll have to go out in the snow and the cold for this. On top of THAT, we're going to have to tell the guests already waiting in line that they're going to have to wait because someone decided not to get out of their car.

I understand this tool for disabled individuals, but if your excuse is because you have kids with you or you don't have time, then you can have it shipped to your house. This is ridiculous.

This is a joke right?

Nope. There are pilot stores already lined up and I have printed two pdfs for reading at a later date.

@SFSFun, get in here buddy.

BR will pick as normal, though GSTM/Cart Attendant will bring it out to guests. There are going to be new labels, and bags, and oh did I forget to mention storage containers for said bags? Fun times people.

Fun. Times.

Last edited:
BR will pick as normal, though GSTM/Cart Attendant will bring it out to guests.

Sucks for them I guess...

Is it still in pilot? I'm going to try to avoid reading up on it until we get SFS through the incoming shitstorm that is 4th quarter.

On the other hand, I'm thinking this won't be too big a deal at my store. We get usually 0-5 FF orders per day, our parking lot is not bad and not busy (easy for guests to just park and come in), and a lot of guests seem to like to shop at several of the many stores in the area at the same time (would be hard to show up to pick up an order at a specific time). Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some obscure local law that prevents this kind of thing.

Sucks for them I guess...

Is it still in pilot? I'm going to try to avoid reading up on it until we get SFS through the incoming shitstorm that is 4th quarter.

On the other hand, I'm thinking this won't be too big a deal at my store. We get usually 0-5 FF orders per day, our parking lot is not bad and not busy (easy for guests to just park and come in), and a lot of guests seem to like to shop at several of the many stores in the area at the same time (would be hard to show up to pick up an order at a specific time). Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some obscure local law that prevents this kind of thing.

I skimmed through but one document stated June so it has been around for a some time. It may be out of pilot. This store gets a wide range of FF orders; easily 10-20 a day. Welp, now to sit back and wait for everything to unfold.

We have curb side for more than 10 months now, more or less. The employees are different. I have seen them sometimes in the store. They have different uniforms and from what I know are separate from normal tms. They mostly stay outside bec I remember seeing them in the cold. It's separate from flex fulfillment. Guests order through the curbside app, they shop, guest parks at the designated parking spot for curbside customers, the curbside people hands over the goods to the customer inside the car.

We have curb side for more than 10 months now, more or less. The employees are different. I have seen them sometimes in the store. They have different uniforms and from what I know are separate from normal tms. They mostly stay outside bec I remember seeing them in the cold. It's separate from flex fulfillment. Guests order through the curbside app, they shop, guest parks at the designated parking spot for curbside customers, the curbside people hands over the goods to the customer inside the car.

Long ago in a distant land. . .

Months before I transferred from my previous store my STL told me that when SFS arrives it would be handled by an outside company. Unfortunately I never got to see what actually unfolded and SFS didn't happen for my current store til months after arriving. Funny enough my old store 1-2 months ago became one of the new ESFS which I envy. That store's BR (layout/Overnight/Dayside) was exceedingly better than my current but I digress. They keep everything tight lipped until things launch; I'm not sure if they'll hire internally for curb side until it grows to warrant a separate team.

Told another TM about Curb Side and his reply, "...here is your order but please wait. Your fries aren't done yet!" Mentioned the designated parking spaces and he said, "Applebee's To Go?"

though GSTM/Cart Attendant will bring it out to guests.

LMAO. Yeah, right. We have no cart attendant outside of fourth quarter. Our GSTM doesn't come in until 9:30am. And if there is a line at guest services, all hell will break loose if we stop what we are doing to take crap out to someone who chose not to come into the store. So that means we will have to call the GSA....who may or may not have time to do it. So they have to call for back up...who may or may not come (getting help with carry outs for guests who are in the store is hard enough). What a crappy idea.

Also, how are we going to know they are there??? If I had ESP, I surely wouldn't be working for Target.

We have one lady that we love who comes in every few weeks to buy a few specific items. They are large. She has a hard time walking, so she rarely comes in. Instead she calls ahead, we get her items, and then we meet her out at her car, grab her Redcard (I convinced her to get the debit card one day) and finish the transaction, load her up and send her on her way. She's a bit looney...but she is the sweetest person you will ever meet and makes you feel happy to do your job. But unless she talks to one of the GSAs who know her, the LOD won't do it for her. So I can imagine this whole thing going over like a lead balloon at my store.

LMAO. Yeah, right. We have no cart attendant outside of fourth quarter. Our GSTM doesn't come in until 9:30am. And if there is a line at guest services, all hell will break loose if we stop what we are doing to take crap out to someone who chose not to come into the store. So that means we will have to call the GSA....who may or may not have time to do it. So they have to call for back up...who may or may not come (getting help with carry outs for guests who are in the store is hard enough). What a crappy idea.

Also, how are we going to know they are there??? If I had ESP, I surely wouldn't be working for Target.

Preaching to the choir.
Scruffy_a83905_5438987.gif

We have one lady that we love who comes in every few weeks to buy a few specific items. They are large. She has a hard time walking, so she rarely comes in. Instead she calls ahead, we get her items, and then we meet her out at her car, grab her Redcard (I convinced her to get the debit card one day) and finish the transaction, load her up and send her on her way. She's a bit looney...but she is the sweetest person you will ever meet and makes you feel happy to do your job. But unless she talks to one of the GSAs who know her, the LOD won't do it for her. So I can imagine this whole thing going over like a lead balloon at my store.

That's very nice of you all that help her. It's the 20yr olds that will order snacks for game day that will piss me off.

The robbery chance is much greater. Somebody could order like 10 TVS the guest service team member would bring the TVS outside and someone could point a gun at the team memeber or worst kidnap them while they are loading the TVS into a van with no license plates and tinted windows.

The robbery chance is much greater. Somebody could order like 10 TVS the guest service team member would bring the TVS outside and someone could point a gun at the team memeber or worst kidnap them while they are loading the TVS into a van with no license plates and tinted windows.
Yeah but if this is anything like regular FF, you need to give legit payment info to even place the order.

Here is my problem with Curb Side Pickup and FF the way it is currently executed: the loss of impulse sales. I'm on the sales floor and only backup the front end, however, there is always a Guest who tells me they only came in for one item and I'm ringing up a cart full of product worth close to, or more than, $100. Figure in I'm only up there when called for backup and these are only the Guests volunteering that they spent over more than they intended. I'm sure impulse buys are quite high.

Curb side pickup eliminates any chance for these impulse buys.

In addition, I have always thought that FF pickup should have it's own window between the sales floor and the backroom. Currenly, the Guest comes in, goes straight to Guest Services, and leaves. Again, Target is not capturing any impulse buys. By moving FF pickup further into the store you are exposing the Guest to more product that they might decide to then purchase. You could also have special bags and stickers for the picked up merchandise that would advertise in-store pick up to other Guests.

Finally, the Guests there for FF pickup wouldn't have to wait behind others who are doing returns or being assisted with other problems.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
In addition, I have always thought that FF pickup should have it's own window between the sales floor and the backroom. Currenly, the Guest comes in, goes straight to Guest Services, and leaves. Again, Target is not capturing any impulse buys. By moving FF pickup further into the store you are exposing the Guest to more product that they might decide to then purchase. You could also have special bags and stickers for the picked up merchandise that would advertise in-store pick up to other Guests.
And THAT is exactly why Walmart has theirs at the back of the store.

How do team members know the person is outside waiting? Do they call the store or is a call button being installed in the parking lot?

From what I've read about the app/company in the past it tracks the guests location and dings you (somehow) just before they arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back