Archived "Dammit, Jim! I'm a foodie, not a barista!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my early yrs, I had lots of depts under my belt: SF, SL, Acc, PA, Comp shop, HR, Rx, everything front end.
After being in GE for yrs, FA jolted me out of complacency & it was a fresh challenge.
Starbux....I dunno. It just seems like dealing with really self-absorbed pretentious guests. Kinda like service desk on steroids. I guess I was hoping to just be a foodie but they do expect everyone to be cross-trained so there's no backing out now.

Actually your best bet is to drink coffee.
Lots and lots of coffee, and then drink some more.
Think you've had enough, drink some more.
At a certain point the caffeine will level off and if your heart doesn't explode, you will suddenly have a complete overview of Starbucks.

If you really don't want to work at Starbucks just get a visible tattoo. Apparently if you have a tattoo that can't be covered by the uniform you can't work Starbucks. It's a Starbucks rule, not Target. I chose not to apply for Starbucks after working Food Ave for nearly 4 years. I really had enough of food service and really wanted to work other areas again. I'm kidding about the tattoo of course, please don't go get one just to not have to work Starbucks that would be silly.

Starbucks is pretty easy, the guests can be a pain but that's always true. Starbucks has automated everything so much that you're not even really expected to be a real barista (you don't pull shots, you press a button). Either way if you have a cool TL its probably one of the better jobs in the store.

This is redeye:
334pt8i.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn! You outed me! Now everyone from my store will recognize me!
Ah, man....

I'm a barista trainer. I actually like being back there...and it's not just for the free samples. But a word of warning: do NOT, under any circumstances, mix hot and cold drinks on the same day of training. Your tummy will hate you.

I don't know about other Targets but the Starbucks here seems to be very dark. Even guests have mentioned that. I assume it's to give it a more cozy atmosphere. After more than four months of no food service I find that I don't miss it at all. When I was in FA I sometimes felt forgotten and not really part of the team. It's nice to be part of the team again.

They've started frappacino happy hour &, OMG! 4 SBTMs in that little area doing butt-bumps with every drink!
It's supposed to be over before I start.......I hope.

Doesnt the Starbucks TM get to wear black and kakhi?I think the last time I was in a starbucks in target I saw the TMs wearing black.

I'd just laugh at people assuming you are the "real" starbucks and when they find out you're not they throw a fit when they cant tip you or use corporate coupons.

Redeye - at least your store had the foresight to schedule accordingly. My store has had one person over there the entire time. No double coverage...ty

Doesnt the Starbucks TM get to wear black and kakhi?I think the last time I was in a starbucks in target I saw the TMs wearing black.

I'd just laugh at people assuming you are the "real" starbucks and when they find out you're not they throw a fit when they cant tip you or use corporate coupons.

Target takes all Starbucks and Pizza Hut coupons that are applicable ;)

Target takes all Starbucks and Pizza Hut coupons that are applicable ;)

Please... show me this magical "Pizza Hut coupon" thats not from target. Every guest I see bring in some type of coupon thinking they can use it and neglects to read the fine print. "Cannot be used at pizza hut express"!

Last edited:
Yeh, we can't take any of the Pizza Hut coupons they bring in unless they're from the catalina printers on the lanes (xx off a combo, etc). A buddy at SB says they can take most of the SB coupons & accept SB giftcards/rewards cards, too.
Next week is when I start.
*shaking in my boots*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back