DBO for 2 Areas

hi all,

former seasonal employee recently promoted to DBO for two areas. I’m wondering if this is common? I am scheduled 6 hours a day and expected to keep up with two high volume areas on my own. 1 for 1s, pushing truck, price changes, keeping end caps stocked, revisions, transitions, back stocking bulk pallets with rarely any help. I find myself struggling to finish the workload in time and often feel discouraged that I cannot finish it all on my own. Is the workload too much or am I simply underperforming?

They gave you 2 areas to get you more hours. Hours stink in January and are even worse in February. They pick back up some in March. Hang in there.

That makes sense, but my TLs still seem dissatisfied with my ability to keep up and it makes me worry about my performance in their perspective

I don’t mind the hours at all, I am worried about TLs and upper management thinking i am underperforming despite such a huge workload.

Just do the best you can.
Looking over your shoulder all the time is just going to make your crazy.
You can go to some of the more ninja TMs and ask them for advice, see what they do to keep up.
Also, keep on top of the TLs and ETLs to manage their expectations.
Find out what they want each day, get that done, do more if you can.
If you are having issues managing that, get suggestions from them on how they want it managed, perhaps with them demonstrating how.
Do all of this with the relentless eagerness of a puppy who wants to do their very best and who only wants to do a tip-top, A-number-one, job, Boss.
You'll be fine.

Nope I'm quitting partly for this exact reason, they want more but pay less. You could easily use this experience to get a department manager job making 17 or more and a lot of it could be applied towards an Assistant Manager level job. I'm completely for working as a team and helping out but I'm almost doing someone else's job. If you can handle not being able to get stuff done this will continue until they pull their heads out. Seems to take about 2 to 3 years based on their track record. This BS is on about 1 company wide. With all that said I have not gotten in trouble a single time for not getting done and I will give them that. I wonder how long before they start getting in trouble because of falling comps and morale issues, then it trickles down.

Back