DBO Hours

1. More hours? You're kidding right, not a chance. We're all starved for hours in all roles. Only thing that hasn't gone down is workload and expectations
2. Availability changes depends on what yours currently is and business needs. ASANTS
3. More pay, again, you've got to be kidding. More responsibility yes, more blame if it goes wrong despite your reduced hours, definitely yes, more pay, most definitely not.
Good luck!

more hours seem to be going to Ship From Store - than to other areas - at my Target.

DBO does not equal more hours or more pay .... just more work!
availability depends upon the store

TLDR: ditto

At my store, DBOs have pretty consistent schedules. Hours do fluctuate, but not too much. The more consistent the scheduling, the less flexibility for call-ins and vacation coverage, which can make it tough. 90% of GM and Specialty are trained in Fulfillment, so they frequently get scheduled for a few hours in sfs before or after their DBO shift. If ship is slow, more time in the heir area. If it is busy, less time in their area. It seems to work.

Also. In the communication for the week, there is a survey to tell the store how many hours you want. I think it ends this week. Just your TM # and the hours you want. This will not be a magic wand to give you hours, but stores will be held accountable for keeping their teams happy. If there are people not getting preferred hours, the store will have to justify hiring anyone. IE, use the peeps you have before hiring. That said, I had to explain to a tm that not working Friday and Saturday would mean not being able to hit 40 worth any consistency. I would encourage all of you to get in there this week and fill it out.

We have signs all over, but I would guess the suckier stores aren't advertising it.

At my store, DBOs have pretty consistent schedules. Hours do fluctuate, but not too much. The more consistent the scheduling, the less flexibility for call-ins and vacation coverage, which can make it tough. 90% of GM and Specialty are trained in Fulfillment, so they frequently get scheduled for a few hours in sfs before or after their DBO shift. If ship is slow, more time in the heir area. If it is busy, less time in their area. It seems to work.

Also. In the communication for the week, there is a survey to tell the store how many hours you want. I think it ends this week. Just your TM # and the hours you want. This will not be a magic wand to give you hours, but stores will be held accountable for keeping their teams happy. If there are people not getting preferred hours, the store will have to justify hiring anyone. IE, use the peeps you have before hiring. That said, I had to explain to a tm that not working Friday and Saturday would mean not being able to hit 40 worth any consistency. I would encourage all of you to get in there this week and fill it out.

We have signs all over, but I would guess the suckier stores aren't advertising it.
First learned about the survey on Reddit.

@jenna - Go to MyDay, Communications and then choose the Employee Time Survey or something similar, can't remember exactly how it's worded). When you click on that you will see some text that explains the survey as well as a link. Click the link, then add your team member # (remember to start with 00) and the next question is the desired hours field. Should take less than 5 minutes.

Back