DC Maintenance Mechanic

Our DC has these shifts:
  • B1: Tuesday-Friday 6am-4pm
  • B2: Tuesday-friday 4pm-2am
  • A1: Saturday-Monday 6am-6pm
  • A2: Saturday-Monday 6pm-6am
  • B3 Tuesday-Friday(?) 9pm-7am(?)
Pay will vary depending on DC location. Mine pays high 20s, maybe low 30s/hour

Duties include preventative maintenance on everything, and fixing anything/everything that breaks.
They use to maintain rolling stock, but now that is maintained by Crown employees.

Uniforms: provided; Green shirt/black pants usually

Fix It

PMT - Speed Walking Champion, 2018
Doesn’t sound like a bad gig at all
I read somewhere that there are 3 levels. One works on the machines inside, one does building specific PM tasks, and the other works on trucks and trailers. It was a long time ago I read it so I’m probably wrong

I’ve seen tons of trailers that need work. I thought all hauling is contracted out so no maintenance on the trucks. Maybe that’s a ADCANTS situation?

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
I’ve seen tons of trailers that need work. I thought all hauling is contracted out so no maintenance on the trucks. Maybe that’s a ADCANTS situation?
Target owns the trailers, not the trucks. I can’t see the trucking companies taking responsibility for trailer maintenance, but Target could contract that out separately.

Correct. We own the trailers so part of FacOps responsibilities (usually the UA's, not the Mechs) is trailer maintenance to keep them road-worthy, or if not, at least still usable for stuff kept on DC premises.

I read somewhere that there are 3 levels. One works on the machines inside, one does building specific PM tasks, and the other works on trucks and trailers. It was a long time ago I read it so I’m probably wrong
There are 3 levels and each one has a slightly higher pay as it goes I remember them discussing it in an all team meeting a couple months ago when we got raises.

Our maintenance guys basically sat around and bs'd all day since they had work orders that allowed 4 hours and would actually take 30 minutes to do.