Archived Debit card returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defang

Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare
Has anyone else had any issues with looking up returns from a debit card? I, along with several other Guest Service Team Members, have had several incidents over the past couple of days where guests have sworn or even have proven to me that they bought an item on their debit card but it doesn't show up when we go to return it using receipt lookup. It still works with credit cards and red cards but any debit card will cause issues. Also doesn't seem to matter if the chip is used or not.

My ETL-GE said there has been no communication regarding any issues or changes with debit cards I'm wondering if, for my sanity, if anyone knows anything about this or is experiencing this too?

Yup, we called CSC about it and was told it could be several weeks before the issue is fixed

Yes and we also had issues with the registers not recognizing the receipt when scanned and entered ugh..

Yeah, I've had that issue. At first, I thought it was just some issue with the chip vs magnetic strip. Or the guest used partial payments. But there have been a few times where the guest tried to use their card, it not worked, and then they pull out their receipt, and the numbers on the receipt match their card. I don't think it's that common of an issue, but it's been happening. Worst case scenario, just give them cash so they're not stuck with a gift card over some computer error. But only if they complain of course. Lol.

I was told it is a global issue (inability to look up returns via card) and as a result or until they get it fixed, Target is upping the amount allowed on no receipt returns using a DL.

Good thing I have this as a resource as nothing has been said to me about this issue. I've mentioned it several times to my supervisors and have been blown off. Once again Target sucks when it comes to communication.

Once again Target sucks when it comes to communication.

In this case it looks like your store's leadership dropped the ball on this one.

A RedWire was released several weeks ago that gave direction about this issue to stores. During the RedCard transition to chip cards, the receipt look-up function may not work properly. Always attempt a no receipt return, but if that doesn't work, or the dollar amount is too high, call for an override and it will be approved for guests that made the purchase on a RedCard.

I assume this will be an issue for a while for RedCard users. It should last for 90 days after that last guest receives their new chip card. I just got mine about a week ago, so they are still being distributed.

In this case it looks like your store's leadership dropped the ball on this one.

A RedWire was released several weeks ago that gave direction about this issue to stores. During the RedCard transition to chip cards, the receipt look-up function may not work properly. Always attempt a no receipt return, but if that doesn't work, or the dollar amount is too high, call for an override and it will be approved for guests that made the purchase on a RedCard.

I assume this will be an issue for a while for RedCard users. It should last for 90 days after that last guest receives their new chip card. I just got mine about a week ago, so they are still being distributed.

This does not involve red cards. This is with non-red card debit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back