Archived Dedicated stocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobycord

Know a little bit of info about a lot of stuff
who has a dedicated stocker process that is actually working for there store. If you have one can you tell me how you're doing it AND coming clean? DTL is coming to do a visit JUST to watch how we do this process in our store because there's been so many problems.

We did it during 4th qtr. It was successful with payroll hours. Now, it won't happen. No payroll hours.

who has a dedicated stocker process that is actually working for there store. If you have one can you tell me how you're doing it AND coming clean? DTL is coming to do a visit JUST to watch how we do this process in our store because there's been so many problems.

The closest I have seen to coming clean with it was a store that did a hybrid version. They did dedicated stockers, but front loaded the areas so the first parts had 4-5 people while the others just had 1-2. As the early areas finished they formed a wave and picked up more and more people as it went on, so it kept getting faster.

So leadership will get there and receive the truck...then 30 minutes later flow will get there and you'll start to unload the truck....while the truck is being unloaded what should be happening on the floor?

Oh, during the unload they would have 9 people on the unload itself, 4-5 bowlers, 6 or so pullers in the backroom, and then a handful of people breaking out the repacks per area. If the bowlers or repack people caught up, they would start in their areas stocking for a bit but that was about it.

Once the unload completed, the bowlers were pretty much for market (with the dedicated stocker or two), then 4 people started in the first part of the wave, and another 5 or so spread out ahead. Th first area had 5-6 people in it and got done first and followed the wave path picking up a few people everytime they finished a department.

Okay so our make up is about 3 ppl for softlines breakout, 2 ppl tossing the truck, no pusher, 4 ppl on the line sorting and the rest should be on the floor touching up their zones....we started bowling out but I still feel like we're missing something

We only have them for certain areas. Bullseyes playground, back to school/seasonal, cosmetics, repacks, baby, electronics, bulk. We wave most of a/b. Then most break off and go to market and some go to c/d. Our bulk guy finishes and pushes sport and then once c/d and g are finished they go to toys. If our electronics guy finishes he goes to toys or goes to backstock the lockup. This is the closest we can get to the process and come clean. We tried having dedicated stockers that zone first and have an area and fill endcaps while the unload was going on but we couldn't get it right with our payroll so we ended up with this hybrid version. It works much better for us.

Okay so our make up is about 3 ppl for softlines breakout, 2 ppl tossing the truck, no pusher, 4 ppl on the line sorting and the rest should be on the floor touching up their zones....we started bowling out but I still feel like we're missing something

Ahh this sounds like an ULV store thing. I haven't been in a store below 60M in ages, so I won't be much help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back