Archived Dedicated stockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help from some HL TLs.

How do you guys get "more" out of your dedicated stockers. Most of them in my area are getting their truck done and getting pulls done most of the time.
But I am being told they need to be doing more. Working clearance, filling end caps, building new ones, zoning and scanning where needed etc.

How do you guys get more from them? Do you work along side them on certain days of the week of how do you do it?

Cookies.

Seriously, you would not believe how much you can get out of people for a plate of cookies.
We all have a place in our heads that when someone rewards us for doing well with something they have put time into it really matters and we work harder.
Sure there are assholes who don't care but you can weed them out pretty quick.
A team appreciates someone going over and above for them.

Small gifts and a nice thanks is great. We have a pretty hardworking team, but just watch and when they’re having a good day (whether it’s as good as you want it to be or not) just buy them a candy bar or a drink or something. It doesn’t sound like a lot but it shows that you’re recognizing them for doing a good job. This will increase their desire to do better in the future. Or atleast, this has worked at my store. My ETL swill give everybody something that’s like $2-$3 every couple months we she noticed we worked extra hard.

I agree that cookies, drinks, etc. work well. After a big unload, bring something in for the team, out of your pocket. (In the end, you will be rewarded by them working harder, not all but many) Also, I have noticed that team does better if you bring something from outside of Target as getting it from Target is easier so the thought isn't as appreciated.
Also, work side by side with them certain days but spend a good 15/30 minutes with each person. While working side by side, ask about them, family, school (if applicable), hobbies.

How do you guys get "more" out of your dedicated stockers. Most of them in my area are getting their truck done and getting pulls done most of the time.
But I am being told they need to be doing more. Working clearance, filling end caps, building new ones, zoning and scanning where needed etc.

How do you guys get more from them? Do you work along side them on certain days of the week of how do you do it?
Promote the the best, to show what doing a great and consistent job can get you, otherwise known as Merit (literally the most under appreciated "Quality for leadership" among TMS. While with targets new rollouts it should be #1

Promote the the best, to show what doing a great and consistent job can get you, otherwise known as Merit (literally the most under appreciated "Quality for leadership" among TMS. While with targets new rollouts it should be #1
"Promote the best." Nothing could be further from the truth (in my store) Doing a great and consistent job in my store right now will get you 4 hours a week. Kissing ass? Now THAT will get you promoted

"Promote the best." Nothing could be further from the truth (in my store) Doing a great and consistent job in my store right now will get you 4 hours a week. Kissing ass? Now THAT will get you promoted

That’s my store in a nutshell. What a shame.🙄

I’m pretty straight forward with
I am pretty straight forward with my team , they all know my expectations and no they are not hard to attain if I can do it so can they. When someone says “ I deserve a reward” I say your reward is the fact you have a job and a paycheck . Now granted they all act all crazy when I buy them lunch unexpectedly and I remember everyone’s allergies and lactose intolerance. Lol
As for qa4 I buy lunch every single day till January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back