Archived Demoting as a current SrTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking from experience here, the STL is likely to leave your pay higher than a TM as "experience" pay. That's what happened for me when I negotiated a step down for similar reasons with the modernization roll out

Speaking from experience here, the STL is likely to leave your pay higher than a TM as "experience" pay. That's what happened for me when I negotiated a step down for similar reasons with the modernization roll out
Thank you for actually answering the question and not giving me 100 reasons why I should just suck it up.

I didn’t take you as complaining. That’s directed at the other people I quoted.

I agree with you. Target has the face of being the people’s champion and socially conscious but it’s all a complete facade.

Ongoing short term profitability is the only consideration and care that Target has.
Can you please explain this in detail, like 10 paragraphs. I think you are on to something I would like a long protracted explanation. One where you repeat yourself atleast 10 times (1 per paragraph) thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Exactly. I hate the response "hey it's retail what do you expect." I expect to be treated like a human being. When I first started with spot we weren't even open on Thanksgiving then one year we were. Everyone had to deal with it. They just keep cutting down everyone and expect their lives to be based around this job. Like a previous poster said 1-2 mids a week would be fine but 5 is unfair to ask people to rearrange their lives.

You want too much. Brian wants to know what this "human being" is. You're just a number.

If your store's leadership is like mine, which isn't all that bad now that a certain ETL has left, I'm guessing they'll try to work with you as much as they can. We've had people step down in the past; some have stayed at the same store and I can think of at least one who transferred to a different store.
I hear you about work-life balance and getting your work schedule to work fit with the rest of your life. My situation is different, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep my early morning hours. Still waiting to see how it shakes out.

Thank you for actually answering the question and not giving me 100 reasons why I should just suck it up.

You should suck it up or quit.

There’s no path that leads to you getting what you want for more than a short while.

I really wish this wasn’t the case but it is the case.

You have yet to reach the acceptance phase. You’re still in bargaining.

Last edited:
I absolutely will. Just give me a few hours to get to a keyboard. Not going to do it on the phone. I will fulfill my end of the bargain in roughly 4 hours. Somehow I doubt that you have, however. Anyone want to verify?
Just take my word sweety.

You should suck it up or quit.

There’s no path that leads to you getting what you want for more than a short while.

I really wish this wasn’t the case but it is the case.

You have yet to reach the acceptance phase. You’re still in bargaining.
You are not end all be all of spot. You can't say with 100% certainty I won't get what I want. Do you even know what I want? I just wanted to know about demoting and how much money I would lose.

You are not end all be all of spot. You can't say with 100% certainty I won't get what I want. Do you even know what I want? I just wanted to know about demoting and how much money I would lose.

Nope I certainly am not the authority because if I were the stores would still actually be staffed and I’d actually try to make the employees happy.

If you’re looking for another job that says to me you want to remain full time ideally... and as long as it goes along with the time of day/hours window you want to work. Am I close?

Like I said, good luck with getting that long term.

Target is an ever increasingly changing company. They want to eliminate as many employees as possible. That is the end game.

Nope I certainly am not the authority because if I were the stores would still actually be staffed and I’d actually try to make the employees happy.

If you’re looking for another job that says to me you want to remain full time ideally... and as long as it goes along with the time of day/hours window you want to work. Am I close?

Like I said, good luck with getting that long term.

Target is an ever increasingly changing company. They want to eliminate as many employees as possible. That is the end game.
I would stay part time depending on my hours. I want a job the fits my life not fit my life to a job. Pay isn't of the utmost importance.

It not like you said or another previous poster said "lol this place sucks" I actually like working at Spot and I would be fine with anything that comes my way. My potential issue is if I am going to be required to work mid shifts. It does not fit in my lifestyle or in with my work life balance.

I have been looking for a new job for months with no luck. I don't understand how they can expect someone who has worked the same shift for so long to adjust their entire life at the drop of a hat. I have young children, my wifes and my schedule works perfectly for what we need. I just find it so unfair.
Even as a team member, mid shifts do not fit in my lifestyle and fit with work life balance. I have a life outside and I agree with you 100%. Mid shifts are for those who don't have a life or want to sleep in and wake up late.

sweat·y
/ˈswedē/Submit
Learn to pronounce
adjective
exuding, soaked in, or inducing sweat.
"my feet got so hot and sweaty"
synonyms: perspiring, sweating, clammy, sticky, glowing, moist, damp, slimy, soggy, dripping, drenched
"he rubbed his sweaty palms on his socks"

Ewww

Can you please explain this in detail, like 10 paragraphs. I think you are on to something I would like a long protracted explanation. One where you repeat yourself atleast 10 times (1 per paragraph) thanks in advance.

Its almost like your back to your old ways but still won't answer my cafe question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back