Archived Demoting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe? The person isn’t on a corrective action or anything like that but they asked to demote and they were told team leaders couldn’t demote anymore unless physical disability.

Often times you can't step down from a TL position and stay in the same store

The stl pretty much refused to let the person step down without some kind of medical paper saying they aren’t capable of doing their job and that was the first I heard of it which seemed really strange

As someone has already said TL can only step down if they go to another store, my STL and were just talking about this.

We had a tl demote, but it was years ago, and for full time school. Otherwise, only if transferring stores.

We had a tl demote, but it was years ago, and for full time school. Otherwise, only if transferring stores.

Why is that a thing? What if the person loses passion for it and realizes that. I feel like that gives them little options.

I don't know how an AP security was able to get demoted to be a cart attendant and market mid. Raises integrity issues. And they are also sibling of a market team member. Wtf?

From what I’ve seen, there doesn’t seem to be any hard rule, and it just depends on the STL and the situation.

I imagine they don't want people going from TM to TL to TM all the time. It'd be confusing, for one, and there's a bit of work involved with promotions to begin with.

Seems like there should be exceptions though, like schooling. Probably depends on your STL.

Stl just denied educational loa and demotion. So I’m not so sure why options get so limited and it feels like you’re forced out to quit. Isn’t target supposed to care about their team and their well-being and not just their business? I’ve seen good stls and I just wish mine was one of them.

Why is that a thing? What if the person loses passion for it and realizes that. I feel like that gives them little options.
It’s because I assume the dynamic with TMs would be weird. You were my boss now you’re on my level. TMs might feel like they have to listen to them anyways bc they were the boss and they might still act like a TL.

Speaking from experience, TL's are previed to confidential information. Target takes a lot of precautions and have training on keeping information secure ESPECIALLY dealing with workers. If Leadership demotes, then that's information possibly falling into the wrong hands. (I.e. Those who demote having to transfer to other stores).

Stl just denied educational loa and demotion. So I’m not so sure why options get so limited and it feels like you’re forced out to quit. Isn’t target supposed to care about their team and their well-being and not just their business? I’ve seen good stls and I just wish mine was one of them.
Denied a LOA? Sounds like the STL wants to get rid of you but has no grounds for firing and is hoping that life is rough enough you'll quit.

I don't know how an AP security was able to get demoted to be a cart attendant and market mid. Raises integrity issues. And they are also sibling of a market team member. Wtf?
Got an Sr TL that at LEAST twice a week is in charge of their sibling at work. I mean they both work their ass off but I'm like 150% sure that him being in charge of him at all is a huge violation. Sad part is if any regular TM violates something oh shit that's a coaching...but not with management...they all do what they want like buy shit when they're on the clock...get free soda from the cafe...show up 1 minute til their shift when they were technically supposed to be there 15 min earlier for a perimeter check...man some bosses need to be fired. Sad. That last one pisses me off. I show up 8-10 min early everyday to make sure I don't come in late and here comes my TL speeding through the parking lot at 25+ mph to their parking spot which is not where we are designated to park...and they walk up and clock in before anyone and sit on there ass immediately and roll their eyes when someone calls in sick. Shit bitch you barely got here ONE minute before we all had to clock in. I gotta go put shit away in the breakroom and my locker and you give me ONE MINUTE? Fuck some of us actually wanna clock in on time. I'm gonna start fucking clocking in and THEN puttin my shit away if this continues. /endrant

Last edited:
Got an Sr TL that at LEAST twice a week is in charge of their sibling at work. I mean they both work their ass off but I'm like 150% sure that him being in charge of him at all is a huge violation. Sad part is if any regular TM violates something oh shit that's a coaching...but not with management...they all do what they want like buy shit when they're on the clock...get free soda from the cafe...show up 1 minute til their shift when they were technically supposed to be there 15 min earlier for a perimeter check...man some bosses need to be fired. Sad. That last one pisses me off. I show up 8-10 min early everyday to make sure I don't come in late and here comes my TL speeding through the parking lot at 25+ mph to their parking spot which is not where we are designated to park...and they walk up and clock in before anyone and sit on there ass immediately and roll their eyes when someone calls in sick. Shit bitch you barely got here ONE minute before we all had to clock in. I gotta go put shit away in the breakroom and my locker and you give me ONE MINUTE? Fuck some of us actually wanna clock in on time. I'm gonna start fucking clocking in and THEN puttin my shit away if this continues. /endrant
Sure thing man. I see them bosses just taking shit off the floor to eat and not paying for it. If we were to do it, we'd get fired right on the spot. Just like the GE-ETL at my store who's such a bitch just because you flag twice for your meal but you still make it before you hit compliance she tells you as you clock out that you flagged twice and when you respond that you still made it, she looks at you and tells her to come find her when you get back. Gee bitch. You need to fuck off. Like I'm really gonna try to find you when I got to push the market truck with one other TM. How about you go and coach those TMs who fail to show up for work. Worry about your own dept. Just because I hit compliance once in almost a decade with the company and that was at no fault of my own. The stupid time clock went off line and picked up a minute after. How about you fix your time clock and put TMs with bad attendance on a final and stop stealing food and hiring relatives and families who you like.

I would recommend seeking a transfer and demote. You're not required to have any medical papers, sounds like your STL would rather force you to quit. I would seek a conversation with your HR and HRBP to find out why you're being blocked into putting in a notice when you still prefer employment with Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back