Did I just let a guest into the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I came around to electronics (Not my department) and this dude comes up to me asking if I have keys to the electronics backroom because he needs to “check stuff”. He kind of threw me off because he wasn’t wearing target uniform, but I know fulfillment/AP usually wear black as well. Also, dude was wearing a Rite Aid name tag ? I was like....ok. Thing is I know people have multiple jobs and I’ve seen people walk around with the name tag from their second job before, forgetting they’re still wearing it. So I’m like yeah ok I’ll unlock it, but I’m still suspicious. I unlock the room in the back and let him in, but I stay just around the corner while he’s in there, pretending to do stuff. He comes out empty handed and leaves. I check to see the room is locked and he didn’t take anything. I even brought up some employee names and stuff just to make sure, and he seemed good with it. I don’t know it was really odd and now I think he may have had different intentions but realized I wasn’t leaving the area so he gave up.

Wait, how did you have keys to the electronics stockroom if you don't work in electronics or fulfillment?

That could be a distinct possibility from what you have written. I mean hope it wasn't the case though. If it is they would definitely fire you. I hope you have your resume ready just in case.

Last edited:
They are back again.

A trusted one with mgt & tl for training new folks.

Don't really know what's going on here but it's served it's purpose.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back