Archived did they change the dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did target change the dress code. i have been gone almost two years now and lately when shopping at the target i used to work at i have seen black pants and jeans on team members during like random times during the day and evening.

i knew in the handbook it was khaki prefered and red shirts but i left in 2015 and in my store you could wear jeans if you worked overnight or did early morning flow and were out by 8am

did target change the dress code. i have been gone almost two years now and lately when shopping at the target i used to work at i have seen black pants and jeans on team members during like random times during the day and evening.

i knew in the handbook it was khaki prefered and red shirts but i left in 2015 and in my store you could wear jeans if you worked overnight or did early morning flow and were out by 8am
If you went in recently, they let us wear jeans for almost all of December. Now we're back to red and khaki.

The dress code is mostly the same, red shirt with khakis, but you must now also wear a cologne/perfume sold by Target, made from the sweat and tears of your local planogram team.
If the cologne thing is true I would have been canned long ago.

Khakis are not required, they are preferred. (A couple ladies at my store dont wear pants on religious grounds) You must wear a solid color pants or skirt and no jeans (except when Target allows them like December 2016)

Overnight flow/backroom can still wear jeans since they do not deal with guest. Flow teams that work while the store is open do not have that luxury.

Okay so the things say "solid colour" but is that just black because if solid colour is actually solid colour could I just theoretically go in with purple or teal pants and be like "well it's solid colour"

They do that at my store too wearing sweats ( a guy wears gray colored ones) it's like whatever.. Now if it was me you would bet I would be getting coached people tend say eh whatever ( it's favoritism)

We're not supposed to wear jeans. Buy khaki jeans to start chaos and destruction.

I wear black pants 80% of the time, because it's allowed in my state. I love the relaxed dress code. At least in my store, people use that freedom to put together some nice looks.

Some states like mine Target is required to give you a red vest if you dont wear a red shirt to work.

my store never followed the khaki prefered it was khaki or nothing if you were working day side or closing on the floor or registers i remember one time someone came in with black pants cuz of the handbook they made her go and buy khaki pants because that was what they wanted. but i guess now that i left anything goes

my store was a clusterfk and a mess the etls and store manager worked the team members like a dog and instead of going to us and asking us to fix stuff do this do that they would hide behind the team leads and make them do the dirty work

We're not supposed to wear jeans. Buy khaki jeans to start chaos and destruction.

I wear black pants 80% of the time, because it's allowed in my state. I love the relaxed dress code. At least in my store, people use that freedom to put together some nice looks.
Half my work pants are khaki jeans by riders. Best pants ever. They of course no longer sell them. I bought every pair in my size...

We should talk about things that people wear that are NOT apart of the dress code-

○ Slippers
○ White jeans
○ hoodies that are not red
○ leggings/ yoga pants

We should talk about things that people wear that are NOT apart of the dress code-

○ Slippers
○ White jeans
○ hoodies that are not red
○ leggings/ yoga pants
Is this allowed? It has red.
giphy.gif

I don't think that Target would go for the "invisible" shirt, but maybe the pants would work.....

Lol I always thought it would be funny to do a opposite dress code wear red pants and khaki shirt and when I came in they say that's not brand and I'd say it is it is red and khaki I did it opposite lol

This was leadership's idea of an April Fool's joke, nobody really cared. If it was regular TMs though, I'm sure there would have been some kind of grievance.

The dress code is mostly the same, red shirt with khakis, but you must now also wear a cologne/perfume sold by Target, made from the sweat and tears of your local planogram team.
As long as the swear doesn't have to come from them when they work... Because we wouldn't get much at our store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back