Different starting rate in the same city

So there are 3 Targets in my city and my store recently went up to $14.50 and another one is at $14 and the other one is at $15.

Is that normal? I’m assuming the one already at $15 is having difficulties getting people and that’s why they went to $15.

In general, sometimes cities can sprawl so much they also contain neighboring counties. People tend to either not know or ignore the division since in travel, news or even mailing address all are part of the city, but different laws can apply, as subtle as walking down a sidewalk and crossing a parking lot entrance between two shopping centers. Long monologue to say that it's possible the three Targets in one city may actually be three Targets in one city and two counties with different wage laws.

In general, sometimes cities can sprawl so much they also contain neighboring counties. People tend to either not know or ignore the division since in travel, news or even mailing address all are part of the city, but different laws can apply, as subtle as walking down a sidewalk and crossing a parking lot entrance between two shopping centers. Long monologue to say that it's possible the three Targets in one city may actually be three Targets in one city and two counties with different wage laws.

Nailed it! And also how easy a time they have hiring people. My store has a very hard time so in our area we pay the most to start. Other stores can pay less cause they get more people who want to work at those locations.

Back