• Thread starter slinesslavegirl
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slinesslavegirl

so my target decides to chop hrs again for us team member's and give us crap for hours. they are doing a mass hire for new tms so they can give them like 3 days a week at 4 hours each at min wage to save $$$. anyways i work hours where its dayside except for one day where i close to set tune in. i am looking for some extra cash for the holidays and have been applying to stores for part time work

does anyone have a list of the direct competition
i know walmart kmart are big competition

is toys r us one of them? i applied there for part time work

i dont want to go to an interview for a job and find out that they want to hire me but i cant cuz of target. i would never apply walmart or k mart

I had coworkers who worked at Babies R Us when I was at Target and the management knew and didn't care. DSW and Sears also.

ok thanks for the info i think that if i was to land a part time job at walmart or kmart or maybe like a grocery store ( we have p fresh) they would like be not ok with it. i would never work for the marts they are so dirty un organized and they carry way to much merchandise. i can get better deals at spot than marts

Conflict of interest. My store is really inconsistent with second jobs.

We're a regular store, none of the extra thrills that some stores have. We had one girl who was a cashier and she got a second job at a locally owned chain of grocery stores. She was a cashier at that store, too. They told her that she couldn't work both places. She chose the other store.

We have a girl at the store who works in our Starbucks and sometimes cashiers. She interviewed and started working at another (non-Target) Starbucks. She told the non-Target store about her Target Starbucks job. The Starbucks was OK with that. Well....our GE LOD talked with the girl and told her that she couldn't work at both Starbucks locations. LOD didn't give a reason, but gave the girl a choice.....stop working her non-Target Starbucks. If she stayed at the non-Target store then she couldn't work with our Starbucks. Her decision? She kept the non-Target Starbucks and stayed at our store as a cashier.

Since stopping our store's Starbucks she's mostly just cashiered......except when she's in as a cashier and our Starbucks needs someone to fill-in. Guess who our GE LOD has going over to Starbucks??

Conflict of interest. My store is really inconsistent with second jobs.

We're a regular store, none of the extra thrills that some stores have. We had one girl who was a cashier and she got a second job at a locally owned chain of grocery stores. She was a cashier at that store, too. They told her that she couldn't work both places. She chose the other store.

We have a girl at the store who works in our Starbucks and sometimes cashiers. She interviewed and started working at another (non-Target) Starbucks. She told the non-Target store about her Target Starbucks job. The Starbucks was OK with that. Well....our GE LOD talked with the girl and told her that she couldn't work at both Starbucks locations. LOD didn't give a reason, but gave the girl a choice.....stop working her non-Target Starbucks. If she stayed at the non-Target store then she couldn't work with our Starbucks. Her decision? She kept the non-Target Starbucks and stayed at our store as a cashier.

Since stopping our store's Starbucks she's mostly just cashiered......except when she's in as a cashier and our Starbucks needs someone to fill-in. Guess who our GE LOD has going over to Starbucks??

Sounds like it's a fairness issue with your store. Maybe they're okay with certain TMs taking other jobs in the gray area (i.e., ones they like) and not okay with other TMs that take jobs in the gray area.

My advice to you from a non-HR viewpoint...do not disclose the information. See if your leader will work with your availability change and if they cannot, leave Target. Otherwise they might make you choose and I know people oftentimes need two jobs just to make ends meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back