Archived Direct deposit went to closed account. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my dd went to a closed bank account before i could cancel it.
I called the hroc number and they told me to tell my hr, but it was after business hours so my hr couldnt call the help desk. has this ever happened to anyone? what is the process? i need all the info i could get.
ps. already called the bank and they sent it back, would like to know the process and how long i will be without that paycheck

so my dd went to a closed bank account before i could cancel it.
I called the hroc number and they told me to tell my hr, but it was after business hours so my hr couldnt call the help desk. has this ever happened to anyone? what is the process? i need all the info i could get.
ps. already called the bank and they sent it back, would like to know the process and how long i will be without that paycheck
You could have just asked the bank to process the check and once it cleared they would have payed you probably. Standard transaction and mistake. I'm not sure of the process now though. Likely youl just have a new check generated beings the info and data of the old is probably now void and I would guess you will recieve it next pay period. Good luck.

Check with the bank first, as it depends why the account was closed. I know a lot of bank accounts have a clause in their legalese that say the account may reactivate if there is any activity to it. This pops up a lot against account holders when a company tries to charge something to the account (like an auto-debit for bill pay) and ends up overdrafting the account. Your money might actually be there as the direct deposit counts as "activity".

After that, check with HR like everyone else is saying.

HR should call HROC to issue a voucher. Easy fix it might just take between 2-5 business days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back