Archived Discontinued gift cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what best practice is regarding discontinued gift cards? Can these be destroyed? I know only visa/Amex/Mastercard is counted during inventory so I wasn't sure if there would be a repercussion for destroying the assorted restaurant and console cards we have.

Hi. I always throw away discontinued gift cards. The only ones I do not throw away are the game reservation cards until I get an MIR for them , then they are destroyed. The reservations are worth a dollar, where as the gift cards are worthless until they are scanned for purchase.

Is it written somewhere that discontinued non-Target gift cards can be thrown away? I have thousands of gift cards sitting around that I need some direction on. My ETL-LOG, receiver, APTL, and I have no idea what the policy is for them.

Trash! You can defect them like normal merchandise at Guest Service.

^I'll be damned if I'm going to waste payroll having my GSTM defect out stacks of gift cards. Trash. Whether they be target or third party cards.

^I'll be damned if I'm going to waste payroll having my GSTM defect out stacks of gift cards. Trash. Whether they be target or third party cards.

You just get one, and scan it a bunch of times. I could knock that out in a few minutes. If they're toss, you don't even have to sticker them. You just push the pile straight into the trashcan. You do waste all those labels I guess....

Is it written somewhere that discontinued non-Target gift cards can be thrown away? I have thousands of gift cards sitting around that I need some direction on. My ETL-LOG, receiver, APTL, and I have no idea what the policy is for them.

You can My Support it like we did.

You just get one, and scan it a bunch of times. I could knock that out in a few minutes. If they're toss, you don't even have to sticker them. You just push the pile straight into the trashcan. You do waste all those labels I guess....
Nope, not worth it for my team and I. I make them be very big picture and simplify red tape. :rolleyes: That being said I take shortage very seriously and make sure they don't cut the wrong corners.

Nope, not worth it for my team and I. I make them be very big picture and simplify red tape. :rolleyes: That being said I take shortage very seriously and make sure they don't cut the wrong corners.

With toss, it literally takes no time. One finger on the scanner trigger, the other finger on "K8", and you can defect bulk items in no time. Really the only time consuming defect process if ESIM. Luckily in this case, it doesn't seem like the cards need to be defected.

Oh believe me I know the process, I've done it plenty times, still not worth it. :p

Oh believe me I know the process, I've done it plenty times, still not worth it. :p

So you just throw away defective stuff without processing it?

We do keep some d-code gift cards they come in handy when we run out of the standard red ones.

Here's what you do for discontinued gift cards. You can just toss them. It doesn't get inventory so no real shortage is created if you don't defective them out. You will just be wasting your time if you defective them out.

Here's what you do for discontinued gift cards. You can just toss them. It doesn't get inventory so no real shortage is created if you don't defective them out. You will just be wasting your time if you defective them out.

Won't they still have an on-hand count, though? An alternative to defecting them out would be researching them down to 0. Or MySupport them like @Bosch's store did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back