Discrimination/Retaliation #TargetComeForward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelf Stocker

Oh yeah, we modern.
Has Target discriminated against you on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability? Have you been denied reasonable accommodations for a documented medical condition? Have you spoken out about these issues or workplace safety and been told you were negative for bringing up the above-mentioned concern and had your hours slashed for “ Business Reasons.” Have you contacted the integrity hotline about the issues above to see no lasting changes implemented in your store? Have you contacted a lawyer and been told they could not prove anything? When the police do something wrong and investigate themselves they usually find themselves innocent, and when Target investigates itself and finds nothing out of the ordinary with these concerns nothing changes and associates and guests suffer.

Target is one of the more socially conscious companies, but even they make mistakes. Just recently Target settled a lawsuit alleging that company-wide background checks discriminated against certain ethnicities Target agrees to settle a lawsuit alleging discrimination against blacks and Latinos - https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/04/05/target-agrees-settle-lawsuit-alleging-discrimination-against-blacks-and-latinos/491474002/.

I know facing retaliation for expressing your concern with the Target work environment is stressful emotionally and financially. But if you have been a victim or are aware of an incident that violates ethical guidelines or employment law I ask you to come forward and share your experience, even if it is anonymously. Let social media, the EHR hotline (1--800-541-6838 in the US or 1-704-556-7046 elsewhere) or/and a lawyer know about your situation. Please respect the privacy of your coworkers when doing so. I do not represent a lawyer but if we all contact the same one it will help with coordination, and I called Morgan and Morgan.

Every one of us that speaks out increases the chances of another coming forward.

Together we can improve conditions for our stores and our guests.

In the run up to Target increasing its minimum wage, remember that ethical working conditions are just as important as a living wage.

In my store, I am aware of past incidents of sexual harassment, age discrimination, racial discrimination, and retaliation for requesting reasonable accommodation for people with a medical issue. If a lawyer takes my case I will share more details as I am a current employee,

While it is easy to silence an individual if enough of us come forward, we will be impossible to ignore. I ask you once more to come forward. #TargetComeForward

Last edited:
This is a forum where people call it "the red and khaki store" or "Spot" instead of using the actual name so they can lay low, so good luck with that.

Wear a body cam at all times at Target. If I had worn a body cam when I worked at Target, I would have gotten a big pay day. Would have loved to have recorded Maurice Jones telling me "I wouldn't want to give another store a problem" when I asked for a transfer.

I'll wear a body cam whenever I want. If you have a problem with it, try and remove it from me.

Hmmmm, I’m Asian and the one who interviewed me was also Asian. As a overnight Flow TM, I was moved in Electronics as the dedicated TM in less than two months I started because the previous one was leaving.

“Hey, our main Elec TM is leaving. We need to find a replacement.”
“Didn’t we just hired an Asian guy?”
“Boom!”

Do I have a case?

Like I said I'll wear a body cam wherever I want. If you don't like it, come up to me and try to take it away. I'll file assault charges on you.

Like I said I'll wear a body cam wherever I want. If you don't like it, come up to me and try to take it away. I'll file assault charges on you.

Whatever. None of it is admissible. You'd get sued anyway (not that you have anything anyway). Hardlinesmaster is correct.

If I had worn a body cam when I worked at Target, I would have gotten a big pay day.
No you wouldn't have, nobody did anything to you. Knowing you somebody said something as a joke, but you wanted attention and cried wolf.

If you don't like it, come up to me and try to take it away.
Nobody would ever try to take it from you, you would reach into your pocket and pull a dale gribble. But instead of pocket sand it's "Cheeto dust!"
200.gif

No you wouldn't have, nobody did anything to you. Knowing you somebody said something as a joke, but you wanted attention and cried wolf.

Nobody would ever try to take it from you, you would reach into your pocket and pull a dale gribble. But instead of pocket sand it's "Cheeto dust!"
200.gif
Lol, cheeto dust

In Texas, only one party has to consent to being recorded. You can't put your hands on me just because I'm doing something you don't like.

In Texas, only one party has to consent to being recorded. You can't put your hands on me just because I'm doing something you don't like.

you're the one who brought up anything about being assaulted tho....

"I wouldn't want to give another store a problem"

yeah... from how you act on here I can only imagine how you were to actually work with. no store is going to transfer a TM who is under performing or has behavioral issues

Great. They give me a discount with the NRA. I'm just too lazy to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back