Archived Discussion #1000: GSA/GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
How many GSAs and GSTL's do you guys have in your stores? Do you treat each one the same or do you have more respect for the GSTL as they are labeled "Team Leader" but so pretty much everything a GSA does in retrospect.

I treat the GSAs and GSTLs the same. The position is mostly the same in my opinion, of course GSTLs have more responsibilities. In conversation, the terms GSTL and GSA are pretty much interchangeable.

Having said that, if I have a specific concern that I think is important, I'll voice that to the GSTL, or the ETL-GE.

1 SrGSTL, 2 GSTLs, 5 GSAs They all are awesome people, one of the GSAs was actually in my orientation group to be a cashier!!

3 GSTLs, 3 GSAs. And some of our GSAs are definitely stronger leaders and run the front better than some of our GSTLs.

It varies a lot, but right now we have 3 GSTLs and 2 GSAs. GSAs and GSTLs seem to be equally respected. The longest tenured GSTL and the newest GSA (on track to be a TL) are given the most responsibility and have the highest expectations.

1 Sr. GTSL, 1 newbie GSTL, and one FATL/GSTL who splits his time about 24/16 between Cafe and the front lanes. We only have 2 GSAs currently, which was a bit of a surprise to me. During last holiday season when I was a GSA, we had the 1 Sr. GSTL, 1 GSTL, and 6 GSAs including myself.

In an ideal world, we would treat the GSAs and GSTLs the same; however the 2 GSAs we do have aren't the best workers and aren't really treated as leaders as such. When I was a GSA, I typically got every bit of respect and courtesy as a TL would.

2 GSTLs and 3 GSAs. Our FATL is a former GSA who will fill in as needed for front end coverage.

We have a SrGSTL, a GSTL, and 6 GSAs. The GSTLs and GSAs are pretty much treated the same, aside from 1 or 2 GSAs who are terrible at GSAing.

Two GSTLs and 2 or 3 GSAs.... I think. There were so many people training in that damn place over the summer, that it was hard to keep track

1 gstl and 4 gsa in my store.They might as well all be gstl ,because no matter what the gstl says they do their own thing and when they are held accountable go running to stl and get their way

1 Sr GSTL, 1 GSTL, and 3 GSA positions

1 gstl and 4 gsa in my store.They might as well all be gstl ,because no matter what the gstl says they do their own thing and when they are held accountable go running to stl and get their way
That's not good, if the GSTL holds them accountable for something they didn't do and they run to the STL and they undermine them by making whatever they did go away then that creates a bad culture. The GSTL should talk to her GE and let them know what's going on otherwise it could go from the GSAs doing what they want to the cashiers doing the same.

we are a pretty average volume pfresh and we have 2 GSTL's and 6 GSA's. 3 gsa's are fairly limited availability though.

2 gstls 1 gsa we are supposed to have 2 gstls and 4gsas yay 4th quarter with no front end coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back