Answered dismissed or abandoned job?

alexiafromtarget

Front-End Expert
so it finally happened, i got termed! (i think)

really ridiculous reasoning behind it too... first they tell me i’m suspended, then they have me come in for a meeting with hr. but guess what! i go in at the time they told me, and hr “isn’t there”. so i call back each day after that, and still can’t get ahold of anyone.
then i try logging into my workday account from home, and my numbers had been deactivated, my account locked out.
now i have a delivery shipping from payroll, assuming my last check?
regardless of how i came to this point, i can’t say i’m disappointed that i won’t be returning to target. i’ve been working there about 3 years, and have been underpaid for working all kinds of gstl, cash office, and closing shifts. i’m happy to be gone.
my question here is this: if i’m considered to have “abandoned” my job (since although i tried talking to hr, i never actually did), would it be considered that i quit, or i was dismissed? i may need them for experience, and i would hate to lose 2 years of work history over something out of my control.
thank you, and even though i’m happy to be out of target, the memories i made there, the people i worked with, and the abundance of very kind guests even through the pandemic, will be dearly missed. however, it was time for me to, whether it was on targets terms, or mine. this has been a long time coming.

Back