Archived Distribution center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was offered a conditional job as long as I passed the drug and background. It'll be a week exactly tomorrow I went in for the interview on Monday.
I still have not received a email or phone call confirming that I passed background and drug test.
I have a friend who went in for the same position/ same day who received an orientation email 3 days later.
I know that I have a a misdemeanor(dui) on my background check but I truthfully admitted to that. Also I know for a fact they hire people with a dui there is currently someone working there with 3 dui's -__-
So my question is did I get the job? Are they still waiting on my back ground check? Should I call HR and ask? All this is for a warehouse job for target the warehouse is brand new barely opening up said to hire up to 500 employees

Last edited:
I would definitely give them a call. It's been a week and a half since I did my interview. Already got a call confirming my work schedule, along with my orientation date.

Yeah sorry forgot to update about this I got a call on Tuesday and orientation date for the 15th of next month. So excited to be working, been waiting for this opportunity literally for years.

Operations worker. Friday-Tuesday. 6Am to 2:30 PM that's all I know till orientation

looking for any kind of information on how to pass a physical assessment test at Target DC. I was told i had to retake it a 2nd time I really need this job. thanks.

1. Should I be worried if target distribution center said they will call me in a week after the interview.? My Friend said that he didn't take a drug test on the spot but they called him back to take one weeks later. Also my sister was hired on the spot and took a drug test.

I'm sure that this question has been asked a billion tumes in here, but I have been waiting awhile now and I need to know if I need to continue looking for a job or not.
I went through the interview process at the distrobution center and received a conditional offer and everything went REALLY well...
I know that I have nothing to worry about as far as the drug screen goes, but I do have a misdemeanor on my record right now and that scares me...
I really want this position and my family is depending on me...
Two weeks after my interview I received an email giving me an orientation date for next week @1am, but I remember they said to ignore that one.
It's been about a week since I have received that email and I don't know if the email I received meant I was cleared and just waiting for an actual orientation date or what...? 20170417_123652.jpg
I'm just not sure what to do right now...
I hope that the email meant that I have a job now and I just need to wait a few more days, but I don't want to wait too long and end up not getting this position and not be searching for a job elsewhere...
I'm new...
I'm confused...
Thank you for any help you can provide...!

Call and confirm the information. HR will be able to tell you when the real orientation is. You've passed every thing you needee to if you've this email.

Call and confirm the information. HR will be able to tell you when the real orientation is. You've passed every thing you needee to if you've this email.

I would really like to think so, but I just want to know for sure...
I have been trying to call and confirm for almost a week now, but I can't get through to anyone...

I showed up friday and they wouldn't let me in to talk to anyone...
They daid I would receive another phone call or email soon, but I still don't know for sure if I have a job until then...
I called again this afternoon and was told the same thing...
The person who answered wouldn't forward me to HR...

No, I mean it's a secure facility. They won't let you just wander in if you don't work there.

So does anyone have any other ideas on how I could find out besides just waiting...?
I have other places lined up, but I dont want to end up taking one of those jobs and then two days later getting a call from Target to start orientation since this is the job I really want right now...

How soon do you need to give an answer to the other job proposals? Hold off as long as you can, but if Target doesn't get back to you, don't pass up an opportunity to have a job because you waited too long. I don't want you to be left with nothing if Target decides not to hire you for some reason.

You don't have the HR's email, do you? Mine respond quickly to email when they are working.

Unfortunately not...
The only email address that I have for them is the automated one that I received last week, but it's not specifically from my local distrobution center...

Screenshot_2017-04-18-19-13-08.jpg

How soon do you need to give an answer to the other job proposals? Hold off as long as you can, but if Target doesn't get back to you, don't pass up an opportunity to have a job because you waited too long. I don't want you to be left with nothing if Target decides not to hire you for some reason.

Well the only problem is that the other position I was wanting to take is actually in my field
(I was an IT in the Navy)
But the other company needs me to get one additional certification and that requires me to take a week long course that needs to scheduled and paid for in advance and it's $2,000.
The other company also pays significantly more, but I just need to start bringing in money as soon as possible...
I just REALLY hope that the email I received from Target means that I do in fact have the job and hopefully they will let me know the actual orientation date before the end of the week...

Well the only problem is that the other position I was wanting to take is actually in my field
(I was an IT in the Navy)
But the other company needs me to get one additional certification and that requires me to take a week long course that needs to scheduled and paid for in advance and it's $2,000.
The other company also pays significantly more, but I just need to start bringing in money as soon as possible...
I just REALLY hope that the email I received from Target means that I do in fact have the job and hopefully they will let me know the actual orientation date before the end of the week...

Keep us posted. I want to see about having Target pay for some of that certification if you get hired.

Keep us posted. I want to see about having Target pay for some of that certification if you get hired.

Lol I wish because that would be AMAZING, but I have to get hired first and since the certification is not something related to working for Target and it wouldn't benefit them then I don't see that happening...
But who knows...
I will definitely keep you updated either way though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back