Archived District possibly doing terrible or something? My store is getting cut extremely bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that something happened that that my store had to cut a lot of hours. I've overheard something 2000 hours cut from district or something like that, something to do with some store that apparently overspent and because of them we'll have to cut plus we haven't made sales lately.

A lot of people got their shift shorted and management did a lot of extreme changes!! For example, some people were cut shifts and instead Team Leaders will work those whole shifts as regular TMs, most areas that were already full end to end will be back at old 4am push while this gets better, Beauty is getting scheduled 9am to 9pm instead of regular 8am to 11pm, kinda same goes electronics also only two people got scheduled mostly and the rest are TLs and opening is now at 10 instead of 8am.

How long will this be this bad :( This really sucks!

I was told that something happened that that my store had to cut a lot of hours. I've overheard something 2000 hours cut from district or something like that, something to do with some store that apparently overspent and because of them we'll have to cut plus we haven't made sales lately.

A lot of people got their shift shorted and management did a lot of extreme changes!! For example, some people were cut shifts and instead Team Leaders will work those whole shifts as regular TMs, most areas that were already full end to end will be back at old 4am push while this gets better, Beauty is getting scheduled 9am to 9pm instead of regular 8am to 11pm, kinda same goes electronics also only two people got scheduled mostly and the rest are TLs and opening is now at 10 instead of 8am.

Sounds as if your cost projections (expenses) are going to exceed the budget or have already. Looks as if they are making up for all of the over spending.

It is only weird because it is a new month now, so how a store is already screwing over your district in that way is weird?

I’m Prolly wrong but I thought this payroll month was a weird 5weeks including the first week of April as part of March. With that being said it would make this week the end of the month making it payroll crunch time for all. If others overspent you get the wonderful job of helping pay it back.

Next week should be better or I’m confused n delirious. Probably the latter

Your righr payroll ends the first week of a new month usually so the second week is usually light on payroll. At least thats how my store goes

From what I was told by my HR this week is still technically last months payroll. That's why the backroom has 20 hours a person. Sucks.

It's first quarter

EVERYTHING is getting cut right now

I’m Prolly wrong but I thought this payroll month was a weird 5weeks including the first week of April as part of March

From what I was told by my HR this week is still technically last months payroll.

Correct. As per 2018 fiscal year calendar, March is a 5 week month, ending this Saturday.

As far as Spot's concerned, it's still March. :p

Seems that way. My store cut hours today. Some people were asked to leave early and all tms expected to clock out at certain times are reminded about a few minutes to get to clerical to return equipment and clock out. No one is allowed to stay a few minutes beyond what they were scheduled for today.

Since Easter was on April 1st this year I believe they added this week as March week 5 so they could capture the clearance mark downs this month. That way April is free and clear of those mark downs.

I heard about the Beauty TMs with less hours next week.

And what do you mean TLs working as TMs. We’ve been doing that for years

What did you hear about Beauty hours in your store? Mine as far as I know the first shift will be at 9am I don't know if it's because they're cutting hours or just something new they came up with.

When I said TLs working as TM I really meant it. In my store TLs only walk around the store picking up go-backs (outsides) and they'll bring them to you, and just supervise. They don't stock or do backstock or anything like we do, so because they cut a lot of hours and shifts, and also some of TL shifts HR gave those cut shifts (from TMs) to them, so they would work everything (my store is already all E2E, so they, the TLs, will push truck backstock etc etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back