Diversity at target is a joke !

After years of working at Target and trying to promote diversified people I find it almost impossible. I am almost retired but was cross- trained at target back in the day. I grew up in a different culture one where I was happy when people who couldn't even speak English could advance due to some teaching and encouragement. now it simply does not matter...white people are promoted unfairly as they know nothing because they are ingrained to know nothing from their obsolete team - leaders. I never had a job where I wasn't challenged to do all I could do but also to
Think out of the box. At Target there are no clear pathways to advancements not only for white people which I am but so much harder for diversified people. HR is a joke they don't develop you. Teams leaders are a joke ...no developement..only tell people they are slow..which results in constant turn -over and costs big time in the long run. I might only be the cook but if Target wants two evolve and move into greatness it has to start at a management level with a clear and open way for people of all cultures to thrive. I'm an old POB. But really would like to make a difference before I get fed up & can't take it anymore. If you gave me 2 bosses and 2 employees I would challenge Target Corp to sit down with me and discuss Logistics,Branding/signing,job creation and ending of team leaders and real teaching and promotion for all people.

Last edited:
This is anecdotal and I'm not sure what the situation is company wide, but I think every single team lead is either black or Hispanic at my store. Our store director is white, but I think everyone else in leadership is a POC. There might be an exception or two.

The darkest person in upper management where I work is mildly tanned...and ALL our SMs/SDs have been white. There's been several in my time there, and only once did we get a lady manager - and she's gone now.

I can't speak as to area or district people as I never see them.

There's diversity at my store, my store director is a Hispanic male, hr is a Hispanic female, etl softlines is a Hispanic female, ap is a Hispanic male and etl gm is a white male. Our team leads are 2 Hispanic females, 5 African American females, 1 African/Asian American male, 2 Indian females, 1 African American male and 2 white males. Our receiver is an African American male and our PML is a Hispanic male. They have different religions and some of them are G/L/B/T. Don't know how much more diverse you can get than that.

The best team lead I ever had was black, I was a little sad when he transferred to another target. We’ve had plenty diverse team leads in the 11 years I’ve been with Target. It could be a case of ASANTS or could be stuff going on behind the scenes that original poster doesn’t know about. You shouldn’t assume unless you know all the facts.

We had a Guatemalan SD that hired mostly Guatemalan s. Our white TL put forward 4 African American hires and 4 white hires. The 1 white TM in GM rarely received department assistance even when asking for help yet a constant revolving door of helpers in every other department of which the TM s were all hispanic also received more development because their tasks were always completed on time...because they received help even without asking.

My store was represented well by folks of all nationalities, races and any other identifying characteristics, proclivities etc. We got along well.

Other threads by the op.
Waging war with their mgt.
Calling the hotline on their mgt.

Other threads by the op.
Waging war with their mgt.
Calling the hotline on their mgt.
Is this the penguin mans alternate account?
"From the director who brought you CartoonPenguin, this winter experience the new sensation: RetRobution. Coming to a TBR.com thread near you"

After years of working at Target and trying to promote diversified people I find it almost impossible. I am almost retired but was cross- trained at target back in the day. I grew up in a different culture one where I was happy when people who couldn't even speak English could advance due to some teaching and encouragement. now it simply does not matter...white people are promoted unfairly as they know nothing because they are ingrained to know nothing from their obsolete team - leaders. I never had a job where I wasn't challenged to do all I could do but also to
Think out of the box. At Target there are no clear pathways to advancements not only for white people which I am but so much harder for diversified people. HR is a joke they don't develop you. Teams leaders are a joke ...no developement..only tell people they are slow..which results in constant turn -over and costs big time in the long run. I might only be the cook but if Target wants two evolve and move into greatness it has to start at a management level with a clear and open way for people of all cultures to thrive. I'm an old POB. But really would like to make a difference before I get fed up & can't take it anymore. If you gave me 2 bosses and 2 employees I would challenge Target Corp to sit down with me and discuss Logistics,Branding/signing,job creation and ending of team leaders and real teaching and promotion for all people.
Bruh who gives a fuck, As long as they work hard it shouldn’t matter who someone looks like representing the company. That’s the problem just like our current admin in the White House, it’s all about race, gender, sexuality and all that and they hire off that instead of being reliable and a great worker and look how that’s gotten us as a country and hell even Target as a company.

And btw your statement is bullshit on promotion, Your store might do that but not the one I worked at, We had a Hispanic person who was in management up front and had many diverse workers at my store overall whether they were a manager or not.

The store is utter bullshit. The employer and HR-ETL are full of douchebags. I swear to god, team member purposefully rejects people who lives near home but accepts people who lives like 15 miles or more far from the location. Not only that, they also made it impossible for team member to transfer to near stores. Like they won't let you transfer unless your 90 days is not over. They also overcharge simple things like groceries, snacks, and other stuff as much as up to $15-$25/item which can be way cheaper at other stores like Walmart, and Aldi and can cost as less as or lesser than $5/hr. For god sake, apply to Walmart instead, they accepts everyone's application, and don't actually discriminate you based on your race, colors, and how far you live.

Bruh who gives a fuck, As long as they work hard it shouldn’t matter who someone looks like representing the company. That’s the problem just like our current admin in the White House, it’s all about race, gender, sexuality and all that and they hire off that instead of being reliable and a great worker and look how that’s gotten us as a country and hell even Target as a company.
Hey, I found the Trump voter.

Back