Do guests even know what they want?

Introvertedqueen

Softlinesqueen
Okay so I work in the FR, and this guest came to try two pairs of pants on, so he asks me to look up a different store to see if they have the size he’s looking for cause we didn’t have it. So I look and he asks for the address so I give it to him. Then he hands me one pair of the pants and I tell him twice, “if you don’t want the pants then you give them to me, if you do then you keep them. So I put the pants back on the floor. So a few minutes later he comes back and starts pointing at the register so I say “yes you check out up there” and he leaves. I go to the back to clock out cause my shift was over and another co worker takes over the FR and as I’m leaving. One of my co workers says “there was a guy mad at guest services cause he thought I was bringing the pants up there” I’m confused cause I never told that man I was bringing any pants up there. He barely spoke English, but i literally gave him the pants back and he just gave them back to me when the first interaction happened so I thought he didn’t want them, now I hear he made a scene at guest services claiming I said something that I never said. I had already clocked out so there was nothing I could do because he wasn’t at guest service anymore. I would just like to know was I wrong in this situation or was it just miscommunication?

Doesnt sound like you were wrong at all to me. Sometimes you just have a guest that is upset but you did nothing wrong.
It sucks but its a part of any service based job.

Okay so I work in the FR, and this guest came to try two pairs of pants on, so he asks me to look up a different store to see if they have the size he’s looking for cause we didn’t have it. So I look and he asks for the address so I give it to him. Then he hands me one pair of the pants and I tell him twice, “if you don’t want the pants then you give them to me, if you do then you keep them. So I put the pants back on the floor. So a few minutes later he comes back and starts pointing at the register so I say “yes you check out up there” and he leaves. I go to the back to clock out cause my shift was over and another co worker takes over the FR and as I’m leaving. One of my co workers says “there was a guy mad at guest services cause he thought I was bringing the pants up there” I’m confused cause I never told that man I was bringing any pants up there. He barely spoke English, but i literally gave him the pants back and he just gave them back to me when the first interaction happened so I thought he didn’t want them, now I hear he made a scene at guest services claiming I said something that I never said. I had already clocked out so there was nothing I could do because he wasn’t at guest service anymore. I would just like to know was I wrong in this situation or was it just miscommunication?
I don't see anything wrong. You communicated things clearly. Its his fault for failing to listen. Your not a mind reader. He's a presumably a grown adult. And presumably 2 working ears and presumably fully working brain between them.

Back