Archived Do i take a lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’m starting at target this weekend and my schedule is 2:30-9 which is 6.5 hours, do i take a lunch or do i only get a 15 min break? any help will be appreciated!!

Last edited:
Yes. In my state, lunches need to be taken by the 5th hour. Some states require by the 6th hour, but regardless, that shift would require a lunch. Get with your HR Expert or ETL to find out if you're a 5 or 6 hour location.

Yes, you take a lunch definitely. Unless you’re in a 5 hour state, target requires you take one before your 6th hour of work.

Your store should also have a copy of the meal and break requirements for your state posted on the same red board as the schedule. Please ask if you can’t find it! It’s up to you to make sure you take all breaks and lunches.

Your store should also have a copy of the meal and break requirements for your state posted on the same red board as the schedule. Please ask if you can’t find it! It’s up to you to make sure you take all breaks and lunches.
It may also be on a different nearby red board where it shows things like state and local labor laws, shows who the STL and HR is etc. remember though that Target’s rule may be more strict than the state’s

It may also be on a different nearby red board where it shows things like state and local labor laws, shows who the STL and HR is etc. remember though that Target’s rule may be more strict than the state’s
Red communication boards all have POGs so it should be on that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back