Archived Do they make backroom tms at your store respond to backup at the lanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh no. They never ask. Why do you ask? Do they ask at your store?

if they would catch me while I was dropping off a flex fulfillment up front and i couldnt make up a fast excuse, then yeah. otherwise no

Never. Not once in the entire 5 years I was there. No one in the back ever got trained on running a cash register, even if they asked. No cashering for backroom team members, period.

Our backroom TMs aren't cashier trained. I've never witnessed one get a button, but they do help guests and pull stock for TMs and Guests.

I trained a backroom TM on register so he could pick up sales floor shifts. As far as I know, nobody else in our backroom is register trained.

No, but I wish they would on occasion. When there's no sales floor coverage until noon sometimes during Q1/Q2 and it's just flow and backroom on the floor, sucks having to force the couple of flow/plano people who can cashier to cover every backup call, and if they're not enough...they're not enough :|

Aside from me and one other person, no one else in our backroom is register trained so they don't even ask. They will try to get us to answer call buttons, which conveniently always fall when we are in the freezer or dairy cooler (whether we are actually there or not).....schedule more cashiers, and train them to help the floor if not busy up front rather than go with the skeleton crew all over and wondering why nothing gets done since the salesfloor spends the majority of the night answering backups.

I've been carrying 2 walkies, so I might get a call button if they need me to. The real reason I do it though is so I know when the huddle is.

Not on a regular basis, but if they're going too or from break, they're fair game. There is this big push in our store right now to get everyone register trained, so that may change in the future.

Not on a regular basis, but if they're going too or from break, they're fair game. There is this big push in our store right now to get everyone register trained, so that may change in the future.

That should be fun to see.
Get some of the more tattooed, imposing and surly BR folk out on register when they have cafes to pull.

Nope.

I'm register trained because I pushed Electronics when I was in flow. From time to time there are guests by the boat while the Electronics person was busy pushing DVDs on Tuesdays. So I asked to be trained just to help out.

Before I left, they were making sure all of the backroom tms were cashier trained so they could respond to backup.

This. Even our flow, instocks, signing, and planogram TL are fair game right now. (Our planogram team remains untouched due to the lack of English).

Another reason they don't in my store, the back room is way to large for them to make it up front in any reasonable time. If they are back in bulk steel on a Wave, yeah not going to stop for your back up call..

Now if they need hours a couple of the guys used to work sales floor so they pick up shifts on the lanes..

Seems like it would only take one time for the autofills to roll over to get that to stop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back