Do we discourage retail arbitrage/resellers?

This is more of a question for my boss, but I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

We get our share of arbitrage schemers, mostly Amazon resellers who obviously don't have any sort of contract with Target. They clean our shelves of some desired product, and act as (imo) nasty leeches. I would love to limit them or shut them down in some way.

What does Target think about them?

This is more of a question for my boss, but I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

We get our share of arbitrage schemers, mostly Amazon resellers who obviously don't have any sort of contract with Target. They clean our shelves of some desired product, and act as (imo) nasty leeches. I would love to limit them or shut them down in some way.

What does Target think about them?
Are they paying Target for the product? If yes, why does it matter? I get more irritated with the real estate stagers who buy a room or rooms full of furniture and accessories and then return it all.

Are they paying Target for the product? If yes, why does it matter? I get more irritated with the real estate stagers who buy a room or rooms full of furniture and accessories and then return it all.
It matters because guests can't buy the item in our store, and it creates a bad impression for other guests at checkout when they see somebody doing something slimy, while we smile and thank them.

We dont not like it but we also don’t like it. We want everyone to get a chance at getting some collectibles. We limit the quantity you can purchase and dont say when we get more of the items or when the vendor comes.

It matters because guests can't buy the item in our store, and it creates a bad impression for other guests at checkout when they see somebody doing something slimy, while we smile and thank them.
But they are also guests buying items in your store. I'm the mom who stood in line for new releases of product x if my child(ren) wanted it, I wanted it, husband wanted it. I didn't feel sorry for the mom who didn't. It may make me sound slimy, but I like to think that I had initiative, drive, intent. You snooze, you lose? Yep. Stores run out of products and then... they get more. Get up early next time.

But they are also guests buying items in your store. I'm the mom who stood in line for new releases of product x if my child(ren) wanted it, I wanted it, husband wanted it. I didn't feel sorry for the mom who didn't. It may make me sound slimy, but I like to think that I had initiative, drive, intent. You snooze, you lose? Yep. Stores run out of products and then... they get more. Get up early next time.
I couldn't help but notice that your example is in line with the mission of helping families find joy.

What part of the shelf getting cleaned out by some libertarian jagoff is bringing joy to families?

Back