My favorite is the guest who calls in and says "Do you carry __________?"
No, we don't.
Are you sure?
Yes, I am sure.
Could you check for me anyway?
<Checks My Device>
Nope, we don't carry it.

Could you ask your manager?
I could, but honestly - we don't carry it.
What's your name? I'm coming over there to look for myself and if I find it I'm reporting you to your manager!
That's your choice, madam, but you'd be wasting your time making the drive.
We'll see about that <hangs up in a huff>.

Yep, it's happened to me before. An old woman called once asking if we had a board game and when I told her no, I heard her say to her husband "this guy doesn't know what's he's talking about". She requested to speak to a manager and he gave her the same, difficult news.

We had a team member ask, over the walkie, if we sold lawn mowers. Not a brand new team member, but a Hardlines TM who's worked for about two months. I suppose she could have been humoring a guest, but I really wanted to reply "No, we're Target, not Sears. We don't sell lawn mowers." I just shook my head and let another TM reply.

"I know it's here." I know it's not, it's not on the floor, in the back, or at the three nearest Target stores. There's a Monty Python riff waiting to be born.
Actually, I was thinking more like Dr Seuss:).

Ammonia is good for scorpion stings.
Yeh, I did find that out the hard way....

Working at my cousin's farm one summer I got stings from a scorpion, a few yellow jackets, fire ants & bull nettle in one day.
The scorpion was because I forgot to shake out my boots first, the yellow jackets were in the hayloft, fire ants were next to the water trough & the bull nettle was in the pasture I went through to halter a horse.
Fun times.

Working at my cousin's farm one summer I got stings from a scorpion, a few yellow jackets, fire ants & bull nettle in one day.
The scorpion was because I forgot to shake out my boots first, the yellow jackets were in the hayloft, fire ants were next to the water trough & the bull nettle was in the pasture I went through to halter a horse.
Fun times.

Wow. The only reason I've survived southern vacations is because I always stay inside in the AC. :D

When I worked at Target and someone walked up to me and fed me some bullshit about a product we never carried no matter how much they said we did or shit I've never even heard of I would just turn into Jonny Lee Miller's version of Sherlock Holmes and go...
tumblr_nrj43nOD6t1r830qbo5_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back