Archived Do you think I’m going to get terminated/fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a SEASONAL Flow Team Member, I started September 25th, 2017.

So I’ve been working for about 3 months now.

I’ve received 2 coachings, first one for working too slow (when I was just working and nothing else, doing the best I could too.)

Second coaching was for me and a coworker chatting too much, making us work twice as long as it should have (according to the TL and SM). That was the first (and as far as I know only) coaching for that coworker.

My TL has told me I’ve greatly improved, and work much faster. Weirdly, I don’t feel like I’m working differently than before........

Today, I got to talking with this girl, and since she talked back to me, and quickly talked more and more to me (I’ve never had success with girls, and I’m 22 years old) I kept talking to her. I have absolutely no life outside of work, so I can’t help being social when others actually want to be social with me.

We’re talking and I’m enjoying conversing with her, than like a sneaky ninja (that’s how they always are), my TL shows up.

He asks if we’re done working the pulls. I nervously say something stupid trying to save my ass, and say “Those were the last things and I just now stocked them.” I play dumb and ask “Are there any more pulls out?” He says there are, and tells me to start with the one farthest away, throwing in “Work your way back down here.”

That’s where my day went to hell, panic attacks, freaking out, sanity slipping, back to planning my suicide plan, being so scared that I actually felt like PRAYING, NOTHING else makes me feel like doing that. I still didn’t pray (but came really close) because even if there is a God, I don’t think he’d help me. I always look up and imagine him flipping me the birds and laughing at me. I’m home, after almost 12 hours of working, and still worried.

Oh yeah, I was surprised that I didn’t get called in for a coaching today. But what if it’s jusf because like someone said, they don’t want to fire anyone before Christmas? I could still be let go after Christmas.

I’ve made sure to voice I AM INTERESTED WANT TO STAY AS LONG AS I CAN. The first time I was told “That’s not my decision, it’s your TL and boss’ decision.” So I told my boss the same thing. He said he hears me that I want to stay to be non-temporary (after telling me they don’t do full time) but he doesn’t know because they haven’t yet looked and determined who stays and goes yet (I kind of expected a “We haven’t decided yet answer.”)

Me asking about staying beyond seasonal was before today though, and there’s the saying, actions speak louder than words. I’m even told I work good and hard (even by my boss who seems like a hard ass, or maybe he’s just a jokester) but even if they DO think I’m a great worker, I’m still more disposable as a seasonal worker.

I’ve already lost two jobs, this year, and I never had a job before this year. I don’t know what there’d be for me if I got terminated from Target, Target’s even already a much more leaniant company, they give warnings before termination, EVEN TO THE SEASONAL WORKERS!

It’d be easier to REALLY CARE about and focus on working, if I had an actual purpose in life. All I have to work for is the POSSIBILITY of anything in life.

I’ve never had a girlfriend and I’m still a virgin. That’s a huge hope killer right there, I don’t expect things to come to me. I have no guarantee of a return(anything in life) on my investment (working).

I know how pathetic I sound, but I don’t know how to help myself, and I’m safe on here because you don’t know who I am or even where I am.

And no, I can’t just spend months or years in therapy and being unemployed. That’d also just mean wasting more life and youth.

There is a lot going on in that OP.

If I had to guess, I would say they wont be keeping you, but I don't know your stores allotted amount to keep, or how good the others were.

Before @Planosss gets here and wrecks this thread.

You will probably not be kept, as much as the hours have dropped I don't imagine your store keeping many seasonals.

And stop telling us you're a virgin no one cares.
The reason I add details like that is, if I can’t keep long term stable employment, I will get nothing in life.

And how do you know about MY store’s hours?

Is this a break room meme thread?

Sure sounds like one.

This’ll be a little less than tactful, but OP is a bit unhinged.

If you really feel the way you talk about in your thread and it's not hyperbole, I would consider talking to a professional counselor, especially about the social issues and being a virgin. I'm not saying this in jest or to make fun of you. There's no shame in talking to someone about that kind of thing.

PS I didn't even kiss anyone til I was 25 but I didn't let it affect my life.

The reason I add details like that is, if I can’t keep long term stable employment, I will get nothing in life.

And how do you know about MY store’s hours?

You telling us you're a virgin makes us think you are creepy.

Target is a big box retailer dude this is the furthest thing from long term stable employment. All it takes is one lead hell bent on firing you and anybody can be gone.

I am in a unique district with stores every volume from D up to AA. Our senior admin sends us the hours for every store in the district daily. Everyone's hurting starting December 31st. And when stores keep seasonals they tend to avoid the dramatic ones

I can't speak to whether you will be kept or not, but from a well-being perspective, it might not hurt to reach out to the Target LifeResources folks. It sounds like you're having a rough go of it from a mental health perspective, and they have counselors on staff and connect you with resources that might be able to help. Phone number is 877-616-0510.

Good luck.

@LimitsEnd Please try not to believe that you have nothing to look forward to if this job doesn't work out, retail is not for everyone. There are so many jobs out there, you just need to find what works for you. What do you enjoy? Are you a gamer, maybe you can work for GameStop. Love animals? Apply to work at a zoo. Or Petsmart. There are warehouse positions, janitorial positions, restaurants blah blah blah.. Point is, you are 22 so it is time to get to know yourself and what you like to do. Just because you have had, and lost, jobs this year doesn't mean you have failed, you just haven't found your fit yet. Chin up, you will find your way.

And don't worry about being a virgin and your relationship with females, work on yourself and the rest will fall into place. Women can sense desperation and it's a turn off.

Best of luck to you

@LimitsEnd Please try not to believe that you have nothing to look forward to if this job doesn't work out, retail is not for everyone. There are so many jobs out there, you just need to find what works for you. What do you enjoy? Are you a gamer, maybe you can work for GameStop. Love animals? Apply to work at a zoo. Or Petsmart. There are warehouse positions, janitorial positions, restaurants blah blah blah.. Point is, you are 22 so it is time to get to know yourself and what you like to do. Just because you have had, and lost, jobs this year doesn't mean you have failed, you just haven't found your fit yet. Chin up, you will find your way.

And don't worry about being a virgin and your relationship with females, work on yourself and the rest will fall into place. Women can sense desperation and it's a turn off.

Best of luck to you
I’ve been led to believe, the only jobs available fo someone with no post-high school education, are fast food and retail, and fast food would be so rapid fast paced, Hell, as it is the workers at McDonalds already can’t get orders right most of the time, and I’ve bitten into raw beef way too many times.

Education isn’t free, or cheap.

Is this a break room meme thread?

Sure sounds like one.

This’ll be a little less than tactful, but OP is a bit unhinged.
You’d be unhinged too if you were abused and isolated your whole life! I even lived in my room out in the country for TWO YEARS! And, it’s a long dramatic, but true story (sounds like a movie, my therapist even said it sounds traumatic) I did something very risky and dramatic, unplanned. Moved out with no plan or even destination, with my life savings from my whole life, didn’t take long to end up nearly homeless and living with other family. Live with original family again after they moved into civilization.

You have absolutely no idea what I’ve been through, and most people think I’m just a troll when I tell them online. I told one person in real life, who said he’ll always remember my story, who could forget something like that.

And even now, there’s abusive family too deal with sometimes still, living in an abusive situation and being unable to obtain stable long term employment is an AWFUL mix. Even if I had someone to live with for free, I’d feel like a leech. Disability? I’ve been informed of it’s disability for mental problems, you have to be under custodial guardianship (as if you were a minor) by your parents, and I’d rather be homeless, or better, dead, than that. Doesn’t matter if family is abusuve or not, that’d just be the most pathetic thing, the worst trap.

Don’t be ignorant and write someone off as crazy or something. I might be the only one who had real sympathy for the crazy and apparently homeless lady hanging out in our store all day, pretty sure I saw her sleeping under the bridge next to the homeless tent, with the group of homeless people. She was out of her f***ing mind, and apparently had nowhere to go, and people have the nerve to just write her off as “homeless and crazy”.

I don’t think just giving money to someone who’s mentally (drugs or just mental illness) not there would do any good for them, as they couldn’t make any decisions with spending it right, but there should be better help for the less advantaged (for everyone, actually) in America.

How can people write off the down and “hopeless” people as “crazy bums”? That’s not how humanity is supposed to be, it’s just sad, and sick.

I’ve been led to believe, the only jobs available fo someone with no post-high school education, are fast food and retail, and fast food would be so rapid fast paced, Hell, as it is the workers at McDonalds already can’t get orders right most of the time, and I’ve bitten into raw beef way too many times.

Education isn’t free, or cheap.
You are right, education isn't cheap but to be honest most people can at least get financial aid and that can pretty much pay for your first two years. Loans can be taken out and paid later. We do what we have to do. I got my GED and had pretty steady employment throughout my teens and early twenties, and only went to college after 25 because what I want to do requires a degree. This is coming from a person with an anxiety disorder. I had many a panic attack at certain jobs. I had to find what worked for me. You can't keep the mentality that there is nothing out there for you, or there really will be nothing out there for you.

You are right. There arent too many opportunities for someone with no post high school education. However you do have a job currently. You have described the reasons for your coachings, and they are 100% avoidable. I cant give out much advice to someone who lost their “life savings” at age 22. That must have been some inheritance. At age 22. That you lost.
When you are at work. Focus on your job only. It is really hard to get fired at target. So just focus on your job.
You are a virgin. Ok. When its time it’ll happen.
Now, stop.

My friend, you have many options available to you.
College is not the end all be all.
Get into a high end kitchen, even if it is as a dishwasher.
Show some interest in moving up in the kitchen and you can get the training as you go.
It is not easy, you have to be confidant, willing to burn and cut yourself, work crap hours, but in the long run the money can be very good and you will have a skill that will get you a job anyplace in the world.
There are other jobs like that, restaurants are just the one I'm most familiar with.

And if you want a girlfriend, the drama in kitchens is amazing.
People are always sleeping with each other and while the dishwasher is low man on the totem pole when you move up in the kitchen it gets a whole lot easier.
I never availed myself because I was married but I walked in on people in the cooler way too many times.

Last edited:
You are right. There arent too many opportunities for someone with no post high school education. However you do have a job currently. You have described the reasons for your coachings, and they are 100% avoidable. I cant give out much advice to someone who lost their “life savings” at age 22. That must have been some inheritance. At age 22. That you lost.
When you are at work. Focus on your job only. It is really hard to get fired at target. So just focus on your job.
You are a virgin. Ok. When its time it’ll happen.
Now, stop.
It’s only really hard to get fired from Target if you’re non-seasonal/non-temporary. ALL of the seasonal workers say that seasonal is let go after 3-4 months, so some of them are looking for a new job now. So as a seasonal, we’re ALL super disposable.

It’s only really hard to get fired from Target if you’re non-seasonal/non-temporary. ALL of the seasonal workers say that seasonal is let go after 3-4 months, so some of them are looking for a new job now. So as a seasonal, we’re ALL super disposable.
I was a seasonal, exceptional seasonals are kept on. We had a meeting the other day and we discussed which seasonals were worth offering a permanent position. 3 out of the 25 or so are being considered. They are exceptional and eager.
You are more concerned with getting your d*** wet , rather than doing your job. Even after being coached , you claim to do the exact same thing again. You dont get paid to loaf or flirt. GTFO! The writing is on the wall.
You dont need us to tell you anything. You know the answer yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back