Archived Does anyones Backroom not have air conditioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our AC functions well enough in the back, but there's no dehumidifier unit which, in the humid south, is killer. Some early mornings would feel like 90 degrees, but the thermostat said "no it's fine"

+1 to calling dibs on cooler/freezer pulls when I was still 4am BR
Then calling the 7ams
Then grabbing the SDAs

TLDR, but, the way I solved this for my team was to find the thermostats and tape a piece of plastic over them to seal it. Greenhouse effect raised temp and the thermostat would trigger the a.c. to run constantly because it could never reach the desired temp.

Worked for a long time and the stl raged about the electric but never called anyone. If you have a sharp pmt they might figure it out, but it's unlikely.

Edit: for what it's worth, ours would only kick on once it hit 80 degrees.
We did this with a flashlight. We would tape the flash light to the sensor in the backroom and it would keep the ac on. Worked great until one day the ap guy walked back there and some how found it ( I think someone blabbed) we were all told if he found it again he would find out who did it and we would be written up

As far as I know my backroom has no AC, but we have tons of fans.

Working in Dairy/Frozen my time is spent either in the backrooms or in the freezers and coolers. Walking out of the backroom after being in a cooler sucks, it's just so hot at first. It's a different story walking back out of the freezer after backstocking for a good hour then it's a huge relief. Backroom TMs don't seem to notice at all, and the only time I notice is when I'm working dairy/frozen. I did a grocery shift earlier this week and had 0 issues with the heat. Must just be me.

The only place in my store that’s remotely cold besides dairy/frozen is our STLs office.. like everywhere else is hot as a ball sac and I’m dying!

Brand new store so our off stage areas are all nice and cool but the backroom is humid and miserable at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back