Does Corporate or Management REALLY Spy in here?

I've been skeptical but yet another person told me that our "fearless leaders" troll The Breakroom.

I didn't really believe it for a long time but I'm starting to notice strange coincidences at my store. If I say anything specific it would give me or store away and now that I'm paranoid....😳 well, I'm just asking.

I've been around a few years at Target and upper management prior to retiring at very HUGE corporations and one thing I HAVE noticed (and dislike) about Target is they seem to have a cliqueish element about them and unless I'm sorely mistaken, do NOT stick up for employees if a customer (call a spade a spade...I've been here a bit over 5 years but the kool-aid's still corked. They are CUSTOMERS. PERIOD.) complains it's assumed the customer is right and the employee put through the ringer?

The reason for my inquiry is somewhat troubling. I've noticed bodies dropping off at my store (many very long term employees) and the general environment has become quite "frigid" when it used to be very friendly and team driven. WHOLE STORE as a team, that is.

I don't post much here even though I've much to say because I've felt that paranoia that my fellow employees express.

It's not a good, healthy environment anymore. I'm mature enough to know that it can and likely will change again but I've this feeling that Target is housecleaning. I suspect the "target" of the clean are older, tenured, and disabled.

IF it's true that they troll in here, why do they NEED to when I'm pretty certain they could just ask us what's up or treat us a bit more like humans and not like robots. The answers they need walk in the door at 6:00 am everyday. Why not just ask us and treat us with dignity?

I've never, in my entire career, seen such disconnect between management and various levels of staff. It is very clear to me that right down to TL's they think they are superior to everybody else that works at Target. Each level firm in the belief that they are superior to the next level down. I don't mean in position, I mean as valued humans.

Tell me, PLEASE, that I'm imagining things (even though I know what I've seen...it's just a coincidence, right?).

If corporate and others troll here shouldn't they be dtsallowed as this is kind of private place to blow off steam and ask questions, etc.?

Thank you in advance ;-)

Yes.....

For reals.

I've seen people get fired for stuff posted not here but other forums. TM didn't post anything specific like their name or store number but the post was very specific about a leader. It came back to them.

yes people from corp read this forum, yes people have been disciplined in store for postings here (there is an entire thing in the handbook about this!), but also yes you are being paranoid, the likelihood of anyone at your store being termed for postings on tbr is extremely small, and also it seems like your store sucks

yes people from corp read this forum, yes people have been disciplined in store for postings here (there is an entire thing in the handbook about this!), but also yes you are being paranoid, the likelihood of anyone at your store being termed for postings on tbr is extremely small, and also it seems like your store sucks
Store DOES suck. It didn't always. This is in last year that it went down

Yes, it has happened.
Which is why we recommend people stay anonymous and not get too specific on what is going on in their stores.
Just be careful folks.
That's just not appropriate and really strange. I'm sure every company has people gripe outside of working hours and commiserate with others. It's natural.

I agree on being very non specific. I've seen lots of posts in here over the years (I admit, I've been trolling TBR for years before signing up) that were OBVIOUSLY posted by individuals in my store. I've seen them mysteriously disappear shortly thereafter OR get forced to leave by severely cutting hours down to four on least desired time.

Peeps need to be careful.

And why I won't post pics of my adorable "critters"! lol Everyone at my store knows my critters! In all seriousness, years ago I was brought in to an office to discuss my online "activity". I'm pretty anonymous now, I hope.
I'm not personally close with anyone at my store and that's by design. They've never been to my house and know very little about my personal life.

Why not ask in the stores? Open acknowledgement limits their ability to respond, especially since openly acknowledging something could lead to lawsuits while scouring a public forum likely won't.

I don't think corp cares about water cooler venting. They are more concerned about confidential info getting out.
I have to disagree based on what I've seen in last few months. So called "confidential info" isn't cared about by anyone working in our stores.

They couldn't care less about "confidential info", whatever that is.

I doubt anyone holding such information is sitting around looking at TBR. They are too busy trying to figure out where to spend their 6 digit salary.

Why not ask in the stores? Open acknowledgement limits their ability to respond, especially since openly acknowledging something could lead to lawsuits while scouring a public forum likely won't.
You've not seen what I've seen in our store since last year. It's actually so unbelievable that if I were to reveal I doubt anyone but those that work in the store would even believe it

It is THAT outrageous and disgusting and I have SEEN so called ETLs and TLs ON this forum on company time just staring into it.

People HAVE been targeted and terminated on suspicion.

Sorry but I've seen it happen. It's disgusting.

I don't want to breed paranoia.

I think it's very limited to my particular store. I don't think it's company wide. I think somebody had in for my particular store and...

Oh F! I connected details because it would give everything away and I don't care to get targeted myself.

There's just a great deal of corruption in my store. There isn't a person that doesn't HATE it here now when they used to love their job. I'm one of them.

I doubt posting here will save our store.

I'm leaving after first of year to go back to the company I referred to. Sux figures but only 3 month guarantee of employment.

I can't stand to see people treated the way the store I work at treats people. It reminds me of chinese sweat shops. The managers just bark our and expect tms to respond.

It's really become a hell hole to work at.

THIS is coming from ME who loved Target last year, one year ago.

I despise my job now and am just sticking in until January

Last edited:
yes The Man does watch this site and the sub reddit. corp has blatantly stolen ideas from here. there are IT folk well the people who work on the apps myDay etc that post on here. so we are being watched.

you post something Target does not like and they will reach out and slap you down. and then turn around and go after TBR just for spite.

I agree on being very non specific. I've seen lots of posts in here over the years (I admit, I've been trolling TBR for years before signing up) that were OBVIOUSLY posted by individuals in my store. I've seen them mysteriously disappear shortly thereafter OR get forced to leave by severely cutting hours down to four on least desired time.
If this site is popular enough at your store that you've seen multiple people that were clearly from your store, then yeah your store's higher-ups are probably looking at it too. But I'm going to say that that will not be the case for most stores.

In the grand scheme of Target, this website is not incredibly popular. There's about 23k total registered people on the forum, which would work out to about an average of 13 people per Target location, but the site has been around for many years so a large portion of those people will no longer be working at Target, as well as a lot of people who have never posted. So there might be one or maybe two people from the average store who still work there and have posted on this forum at some point, which is not worth it for most store's leaders to be reading this forum looking for someone they might know. That said, it's still always a good idea to keep things vague and not give out exact details.

If this site is popular enough at your store that you've seen multiple people that were clearly from your store, then yeah your store's higher-ups are probably looking at it too. But I'm going to say that that will not be the case for most stores.

In the grand scheme of Target, this website is not incredibly popular. There's about 23k total registered people on the forum, which would work out to about an average of 13 people per Target location, but the site has been around for many years so a large portion of those people will no longer be working at Target, as well as a lot of people who have never posted. So there might be one or maybe two people from the average store who still work there and have posted on this forum at some point, which is not worth it for most store's leaders to be reading this forum looking for someone they might know. That said, it's still always a good idea to keep things vague and not give out exact details.
Thank you. When I trolled I never was registered. Just reading about things. I've opted to leave target and what's going on in my store is just way weird.

Nobody of tenure likes it anymore and newbies make commons like they feel that they're being bossed around like children. Well, they ARE being treated like idiots. I respect newly working persons and it's enough to take on a first life job ever but to be talked to and treated in the manner that these idiots at my store treat people is UN
UNforgivablele.

I'm extremely normal and a very kind person and I see what Target does after all these years and I'm not fond of it and I'm glad I'm going to be leaving.

I I feel very guilty leaving people behind as I've been here for oven 5 years. The way that Target people are treating individuals is just got rushing and sickening. I hope Target corporate trolls are in here and rather than just sit around trolling that they do something about the state of affairs at some of their stores like mine.

Thank you

I don’t know about y’all but it seems like Corporate really only cares about looking good and getting profit instead of dealing with real issues that go on in the store like the new register system and staying organized up front or back and whatnot.

Well, sure, why do you think we don't use real names or TM numbers or say what store we work at? I've talked about specific things in my area with only one other person via messaging, and keep my posts general enough that it could happen anywhere. (Some of my posts, like in "to that one guest," could be traced to me if someone overheard my interaction with the guest, but that seems pretty unlikely.)
Much of your original post seems to be at least partly ASANTS to me. Bad leadership and a toxic work environment at any kind of organization will generate bad feelings among staff and make work life miserable. If there's anything actionable, like getting rid of older or disabled TMs or TMs of a certain ethnicity or religion, you could contact your state's agency that oversees labor relations issues. Those things are actually against the law.

Well, sure, why do you think we don't use real names or TM numbers or say what store we work at? I've talked about specific things in my area with only one other person via messaging, and keep my posts general enough that it could happen anywhere. (Some of my posts, like in "to that one guest," could be traced to me if someone overheard my interaction with the guest, but that seems pretty unlikely.)
Much of your original post seems to be at least partly ASANTS to me. Bad leadership and a toxic work environment at any kind of organization will generate bad feelings among staff and make work life miserable. If there's anything actionable, like getting rid of older or disabled TMs or TMs of a certain ethnicity or religion, you could contact your state's agency that oversees labor relations issues. Those things are actually against the law.
Thank you

Back