Archived Does target give out references?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I've worked at target since october of last year as a Starbucks TM and am still working. I've been written up once for food safety violation because I scooped ice with a drink cup... and it was for water too and I had to sign a paper. Working at target so far has only brought me depression and a passionate hatred of coming into work which caused me to call out multiple times because I just didn't want to show up to work. Some of the TL's didn't give a crap either so we got away with a lot of things. I think I've only been talked to about my attendance twice which was for coming in late. I'm just wondering if this can affect in my future applications for other jobs? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump, but I have other questions about references. Should I let the store know that I would like to use them as a reference beforehand, and write a specific name of a supervisor (HR or ETL) for my applications? Is there a specific number that Target uses for reference, that I should instead of my old store's phone number?

Just to make sure that I am following properly, the 3rd party works for Target and tells prospective employers about the dates of hire, right? Sorry if this was already answered, I tried looking for this information but I couldn't find it.

I've always asked people I've worked with if they would be a professional reference. Don't do the store in general, pick one or two people that will make you sound like you walk on water and put them as a reference.

I've always asked people I've worked with if they would be a professional reference. Don't do the store in general, pick one or two people that will make you sound like you walk on water and put them as a reference.
Thank you Tessa. I will try to get in contact with one or two team members like you said.

When I had to drop Target for a reference, I always did the verification number for applications. If an interviewer specifically requests for a professional reference, 1. inform them of Target's policy and verification number. 2. If they still request to talk to someone, then give your store's phone number and contact.

I have had landlords and background checks request professional references beyond employment verifications.

Should I let the store know that I would like to use them as a reference beforehand, and write a specific name of a supervisor (HR or ETL) for my applications? Is there a specific number that Target uses for reference, that I should instead of my old store's phone number?
Target offers employment verification, and has a policy to not comment on employees beyond dates of employment. I use the HROC number (‭800-394-1885‬) along with my store’s address when listing my employment with Target on applications.

If you would like an actual reference, you would need to ask someone you are close with to do it as a personal favor to you. It works best if you already have that person’s phone number, because then all they have to do is say yes and forget about it.

Just to make sure that I am following properly, the 3rd party works for Target and tells prospective employers about the dates of hire, right? Sorry if this was already answered, I tried looking for this information but I couldn't find it.
The third party is The Work Number (aka Equifax Workforce Solutions). Prospective employers can call or go online to get your dates of employment.

If you’re a good TM your leader should have no problem giving a personal reference and they’ll tell your potential employer that. They’re just not allowed to talk about your professional preformance

Target offers employment verification, and has a policy to not comment on employees beyond dates of employment. I use the HROC number (‭800-394-1885‬) along with my store’s address when listing my employment with Target on applications.

If you would like an actual reference, you would need to ask someone you are close with to do it as a personal favor to you. It works best if you already have that person’s phone number, because then all they have to do is say yes and forget about it.

The third party is The Work Number (aka Equifax Workforce Solutions). Prospective employers can call or go online to get your dates of employment.
Thank you so much. I used the HROC number on my application for the references section. I will do that in the future as well if another job asks for references.

What do prospective employers have to click on on the worknumber because all I see is where they can pay to get verification. It won't let me log in as an employee because it can't verify my info so then what?
Medium to large size companies will already have an account with the Work Number, that they pay for annually due to the amount of hiring they do, or they will contract out to a background check company that has an account there.

I've never had any issues logging in as an employee, so I can't comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back