Archived Does your store sell vinyl records?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy came in and asked if we had them because a couple of our higher volume stores had them.

I want to buy the Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band double album to hang on the wall like when I was a kid.

There's a 4 foot section at my store but it's all way too expensive. No one is paying $30 for a vinyl when they can either go online or to a thrift store and get it for under $10

Depends on the album.
I can get some used albums for a good price but there are others that are hard and even impossible.
In some cases it's because of when the artist were recording, the quality of the recording or how people treated the albums.
I can't tell you how many times I have found albums I desperately wanted only to discover a hand print or scratch clear across the album.

Dammit people, if you are going to buy vinyl take care of it.

There are also special editions, colored vinyl, re-releases that were done off of original tapes and remixed by the artists, all of which have special value to collectors.

Last edited:
If they start putting new release vinyl at a good price in my store they might as well just pay me in records.
There is a mix of new and old. Hold onto your paycheck if yoy search online ad it may be dangerous. I bought the pitch perfect 2 soundtrack on vinyl. Came with a free digital download as well.

I need to get my hands on a decent record player again and make dad hand over his collecting if he still has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back