Archived Dollar General Pampers Diaper Price Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
Just wondering if anybody else been getting bombarded with guests trying to price match Pampers Diapers from Dollar General. It's been causing us a lot of frustration this week for us, and a lot of pissed off Guests.

I know recently they were offering any diapers for $9. It was exciting when guests expected to price match and still receive the $15 gift cards we were offering when you buy 2. It only took a single guest for me to "solve" the problem in our store. We offered guests 4 for $66 and they'd receive $30 in gift cards so it was essentially a price match(4 for 36 or 9 each when factoring in the gift card).

Fyi on the last price match but the policy says we don't match items that have a giftcard promotion.

we haven't had ton of guests this time with the price match but probably because we said no the last time.

Our store typed up a sign on Word, and hung it at guest service saying something like: We will not be doing price matches for the Dollar General diaper sale. Apparently enough guests were asking about it that it warranted a sign.

What happened to "be bold" and giving the guest whatever they wanted? The company wants to give away money, let them. I just don't care anymore, someone asks me for anything, they get it. After all, it's not my money I'm giving away and if Target wants to throw their money away trying to bribe guests into liking them again, let 'em.

Hey target says we have to price match... I would do it until corporate tells us anything different

Hey target says we have to price match... I would do it until corporate tells us anything different

No one has told me we have to price match it. Our store is super super bold but we are not doing this one. We will only let them match the bags in the picture. Not the boxes. We told guests if they can prove that DG carries the big boxes like we do than we would do it. No one has come back.

at my Target we will price match for a specific item if you can prove it for that week.

wow Retail Girl if we matched the $35 dollar mega packs... that would be one hell of a deal! ;) I can see why people all tried to match.

I just saw a woman with a cart heaping full of Pampers boxes. She was in the huge line for the service desk. Hope my store didn't allow the price match!

Per our price match policy, it has to specify a specific product and it can only be that product. Dollar General's ad says "any size" and "any count" on these Pampers diapers. Since it doesn't specify a specific item, we should not be price matching these for our guests. Right? I know that about "Be Bold" and all that, but we wouldn't have any of these diapers left on the shelf if we did this match for guests.

In our huddle last night, we were told to price match from Dollar General, even the big boxes. But obviously we can't give them the price match AND the gift cards, it's either or. I still haven't personally seen anyone do it yet though lol

In general, price matching a DG ad would depend on whether or not you have one in your local area. There are no Dollar General's in my entire state, but they still come in trying to price match diapers from their phone. Price match policy says that the guest needs to bring in a local printed ad (not a photo or mobile version of an ad) to do a price match. So for my store it is easy to decline because it is not a local competitor's ad, it is not a printed ad, and it in the case of the diapers, it does not advertise a specific item.

In my opinion, you should not say to the guest that we do not price match Dollar General ad. Because you can, if it fits with the rest of the price match policy. Instead, for the diapers, explain that the DG ad does not advertise a specific product and that we can only match it if it does so.

"Local" is defined as anything within a 50 mile radius, so if you live in a major metropolitan area, it includes nearly every store.

It's been ridiculous at our store, too. If you want to buy diapers at DG's price, then..... why don't you go to Dollar General?!

I just saw a woman with a cart heaping full of Pampers boxes. She was in the huge line for the service desk. Hope my store didn't allow the price match!

This happened at my store too. She got turned away, and she was PISSED! She made a scene and loudly declared that she was going to call corporate and complain. I hate these leeches. If you want something, you have to pay for it like everyone else!

Last time this sale came up our store rolled over and did it even though I showed them this wasn't a price match but a robbery. This time we are saying no to the price match as we should be.

Policy is no price matching an item we have with a giftcard promotion. Which means no price matching but then voiding the gift card.

Also the Dollar General ad is intentionally deceiving and I believe it is purposely to hurt competitor retailers who price match.

You can void the gift card promotion during the transaction. Just void out the line after you scan the gift card. They gift card will come up as never sold

You can void the gift card promotion during the transaction. Just void out the line after you scan the gift card. They gift card will come up as never sold

I know it's possible in POS, but it goes against best practice. Best practice is that we give them the gift card from our sale and refuse the price match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back