Answered Domestics RFID Issues/Help

Now, I used to do RFID scan in our store when it first started, I had to scan everything. (Hardlines, Electronics, and Softlines) I hadn't been doing it for a long while. At that time I was working backroom and then I was a closing expert. Now for the last 7-8 months I'm back on the Inbound Team and doing the RFID scan again. Now in the past I no problem getting it to 94-96%, but the last few months I've struggled to get the Domestics scan even up to 90% (as the domestics scan is my only RFID responsibility). It's been in the late 80's the past few months. I had almost everything at 90% the two times I tried it this week but bath was at 60% and Fan Central was low also at 49%. I got Fan Central up to 85% finally, but usually I have no issues getting it to 100% every time. The two times it did it this week (which I didn't submit) I only got 83-84%. Anybody have any suggestions or know anything that has helped them? This has been a struggle for months like I said and nothing seems to help. (Fast/slow, using a ladder or wave in the backroom it doesn't seem to matter) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Now, I used to do RFID scan in our store when it first started, I had to scan everything. (Hardlines, Electronics, and Softlines) I hadn't been doing it for a long while. At that time I was working backroom and then I was a closing expert. Now for the last 7-8 months I'm back on the Inbound Team and doing the RFID scan again. Now in the past I no problem getting it to 94-96%, but the last few months I've struggled to get the Domestics scan even up to 90% (as the domestics scan is my only RFID responsibility). It's been in the late 80's the past few months. I had almost everything at 90% the two times I tried it this week but bath was at 60% and Fan Central was low also at 49%. I got Fan Central up to 85% finally, but usually I have no issues getting it to 100% every time. The two times it did it this week (which I didn't submit) I only got 83-84%. Anybody have any suggestions or know anything that has helped them? This has been a struggle for months like I said and nothing seems to help. (Fast/slow, using a ladder or wave in the backroom it doesn't seem to matter) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Work the reject report and it should bring up

Question

Why am I not seeing my scan that I did yesterday? Why is our Scan % so low?

Answer

The data for RFID should load by 1pm for your prior day's scan. But sometimes the data is only partially loaded which results in significantly higher than expected Reject %s. This will fix itself automatically the following day. If the issue persists, please submit a mySupport.
Question

Why am I seeing extra inventory with a really high expected count and/or a really low scan %?

Answer

Scans performed in the same area on the same day are grouped into a single row. Therefore, if you perform a scan twice in one day, the numbers are aggregated. This can lead to a bad scan % if a partially completed scan is accidentally submitted.
Question

Why do I not see data in my Reject Details report?

Answer

Sometimes when there are too many Rejected items, the Reject Details report needs to be filtered to a specific department.
Question

We keep scanning, but we are not improving our Scan %. How do we improve our Scan %?

Answer

First, be sure to coach scanners to scan all areas carefully following RFID Best Practices. Then, please review the Reject Details Guidance card for how to best utilize the data there to improve Scan %.
Reject Details Guidance: this report offers recommendations on top items to audit, do not use the report in attempt to verify counts [ Item Count Difference = Expected - Scanned (not location specific) ]

1) Identify aisles and/or POGs with a lot of rejected items; only items with differences of more than 1 will populate the list. Use this knowledge to scan more carefully in the future (open doors and drawers, scan diligently around dense materials like denim, scan missed end caps, etc.)

2) Identify items with large count differences; only items with differences of more than 1 will populate the list. Use the Audit app update counts according to Manual Audit Best Practices, but do not spend time updating counts of items with small discrepancies; the RFID app will handle these.

Here you go

Attachments

• 1E5DA1FB-2E77-4D34-8B0A-A0EF40320BF9.jpeg
    1E5DA1FB-2E77-4D34-8B0A-A0EF40320BF9.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • 8E9FC87C-7875-42AF-892B-317D0AD41FBB.jpeg
    8E9FC87C-7875-42AF-892B-317D0AD41FBB.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2D689499-ECD2-47B1-88FC-CAC71CDF6A54.jpeg
    2D689499-ECD2-47B1-88FC-CAC71CDF6A54.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 87333D53-8347-4611-8E22-8C575D40AC9C.jpeg
    87333D53-8347-4611-8E22-8C575D40AC9C.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
I haven't submitted it at all this week though. So just tell them tomorrow I asked online for help with RFID and they said check the reject report. They said skip the scan this week and just work the reject report and it'll fix a lot of the issues? Right?

I don’t know why they didn’t tell you . Maybe they just don’t know it the self . However your sd should know because it would show the store is on compliance

You said you tried to do it for the 3rd time so it means you have done it. Before you do tomorrow you can check on the same report to see if it has been submitted for the week.
I've done it today and Tuesday but they told me not to submit it Tuesday and today our SD and GM ETL were off today. I tried texting our GM ETL but got no response and since I was in the same spot where I was on Tuesday I figured just abandon it again and try again either today or tomorrow.

So your saying don't mention I asked for help online? Also when you scan who fast or slow should you go. My ETL scanned last week and came to the conclusion that slower was better. Which is what I did today. Took me an hour on the sales floor and 30 min in the backroom.

Back