Archived Donation Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to verify..

Do your store get credits for all legitimate donations? Is this correct for every state or just for some states?
Is tossing through a mydevice the same as going to donate through the PDA?

I'm curious if it would be better to use a PDA for defecting groceries than through a MyDevice (in terms of getting credit). Thanks!

This is a late reply because I just joined the forum but the mydevice *automatically* makes you toss items without any option for donate. Using the PDA to donate (whether you actually donate or toss it anyway) helps your store metrics, and donating items can earn back some of the lost revenue from the outdated/returned product. My STL makes us donate EVERYTHING with the PDA except for bananas (because sometimes you have 100+ bananas and that would take hours to do one-by-one).

Thank you. I do know that there is no donate option with the mydevice. I was just wondering if we'd still get credits for tossing using the mydevice. Thank you!

At my store they throw away almost allllllll of outdated or little too ripe to garbage. I believe they should sell foods at discount when expired date is near or donates to food bank for tax write off instead throw everything (even pet foods) to garbage and PMT whiners about pest control problems.

In my area we donate to a local pantry. They have to report to Feed America what we donate by weight. The pantry has to sort by categories and weigh it. I don't know the categories. I would think that Feed America then gives the info to HQ for tax credit. But who knows.

We donate to the Food Bank, and pet stuff goes to the Humane Society. Open paper products, feminine hygiene, diapers go to woman's shelter. Some of the Food goes into the breakroom.

Pet stuff to the animal shelter, everything else to the local food bank (they also prepare boxes of non-food items).
Produce, pastries, candy goes to the breakroom (QMOS: it's what's for lunch).

Pet stuff to the animal shelter, everything else to the local food bank (they also prepare boxes of non-food items).
Produce, pastries, candy goes to the breakroom (QMOS: it's what's for lunch).

:eek: Ive never seen a QMOS item in the breakroom. We donate perfectly good pastries.

Nope. Not even salvage candy. Nothing.
We were told no more QMOS going to the break room as it is considered theft or something. Meanwhile, half the "donated" food items are routinely tossed in the trash because they go bad before the food bank staff has time to collect it (1-3 times per week). I've recommended all pet items be donated to the local shelter but that's gone nowhere and I always receive a hard "no" on it - same with feminine hygiene products, etc going to the local shelters: always a stern "no".

Further on, *bucks used to bring the EOD items to the break room after close. This stopped when the QMOS stopped. Now, the closing *buck TM/TL simply takes a bag full of goodies home with them. o_O

That's not theft at all :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back