Archived "Don't you know it's Christmas?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guest told me this today after reaming me out about the lines they had to wait in. We had 7 registers open, which includes our entire sales floor and cashier team.

Is anybody else's store completely running on fumes for payroll? I've never seen it this bad and it's honestly the worst Christmas season I have ever seen. We're already over payroll for the month, so we're not replacing any shifts, sending people home early, all the fun of January: now in December!

Yep. Our store looks like a bomb went off. Front end calling for fast service, people to get carts, guest carryouts, etc. Reshop all over. I do SFS and it is a challenge trying to pick in this environment. Frankly, they should limit orders after the 17th to backroom locations because holy moly, the salesfloor is a warzone.

Sorry you had to deal with a guest like that. Why the guest feels it's okay to vent on the lowly store employees. ..like we have anything to do with staffing levels.

I was the market mid. I came in to pfresh looking a bit of a mess. The girl who opened market had never done so before but she did an amazing job. Flow didn't touch the three dairy, three frozen, one meat, or one produce pallet last night like they should have.

I made sure my ETLs didn't take my team away from market. Pfresh is the only area of the store right now that is looking really good.

I was put on Self Checkout and my god, I swear that the SCs have some kind of secret alliance that when one fucks up, all of them will. And I have one go red, then the one all the way down in the end goes red, and all sorts of patterns that make me run back and forth. And two needed to be restarted due to a hard freeze, and I have guest yelling at me and asking me where shit is and i wanna die.

A guest told me this today after reaming me out about the lines they had to wait in. We had 7 registers open, which includes our entire sales floor and cashier team.

Is anybody else's store completely running on fumes for payroll? I've never seen it this bad and it's honestly the worst Christmas season I have ever seen. We're already over payroll for the month, so we're not replacing any shifts, sending people home early, all the fun of January: now in December!

They can go to the "W" and see their ridiculous long lines. They will be coming back appreciative of Target.

We're incredibly well staffed and still completely overwhelmed. Can't imagine how stores without payroll are managing. Are anyone else's stores having guests line up in one line, and then directing traffic one by one to the lanes? It's so efficient, it makes the lanes go much faster. It pisses guests off, but almost all of them completely change their mind when they see how much faster it is.

Speedweaving is a lost art in my store. Especially amazing in helping backup get off the lanes, but it's never used.

Ehh, well it's also not really practical right now. GS is just as bad as the lanes, as well as Starbucks and Food Ave, which I don't really like sending guests to anyway. Kudos to any GSA that can manage something like speed weaving right now. Yesterday it felt like we were more busy than we were black friday.

Speedweaving is a lost art in my store. Especially amazing in helping backup get off the lanes, but it's never used.

We use speedweaving at least once a day, it's that busy. Sometimes it's still not enough to have that and all 13 lanes open, so I end up on backup for an hour or so straight. I've also been helping out in electronics and cashiering for them. The entire place is just swamped with people everywhere.

My store's front end looks like a hole. Constant calls for backup, pulling everyone out of their workcenters, thus leaving salesfloor high and dry, unbelievably rude, awful guests etc. Thank God it's almost over.

This time of the year people need to accept the fact that at any retail store...you are going to have lines. If you don't like it ...shop online or shop first thing in the morning .
I had a guest that was blabbing to her husband saying "Oh, it's so awful that I'm never coming back to Target again." She then told me: "I'm sorry you heard that. I'm just really not a fan of Target."

So then...Why are you here?

I had a guest that was blabbing to her husband saying "Oh, it's so awful that I'm never coming back to Target again." She then told me: "I'm sorry you heard that. I'm just really not a fan of Target."

So then...Why are you here?
Exactly ....You have to love people who "whisper" so loud a dead person could hear them...then they say...oh sorry you had to hear that. How could I not hear it ?

6e6.jpg

Christmas means one thing to one group of people and nearly the opposite to another socioeconomically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back