Archived Double truck coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OopsChargeback

who knew that box was full of glass?
My store's taking the first double in years, since several years before I started working there. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm kind of interested in seeing how we deal with it. We never push a truck during open hours, so this'll be different.

We typically have a 4am start time, 3am for 4th quarter. For the double we're starting at 2am. Blergh. And we've got a crew full of seasonal newbies and they still suuuuuck. They don't listen to other TMs and they're lazy as hell.

Anyone have any experience with such things? Advice I can maybe share with my team? Or maybe just a little commiseration?

Edit: Just realized I posted this in the wrong subforum...maybe a mod can move it to General Target Chat? Pretty please? :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you are in for a shitty night. We take doubles like a machine but even still we day side have to help with the back stock. Not a big deal. But for you, keep your head down and just keep killing the box or repack in front of you. Do it right and it is what it is.

OK first off is it a food truck and a gm truck or 2 gm trucks? That will be the difference in how people answer you. A food truck and a gm truck is typically done at the same time. A small team breaks off and does food while everyone else does gm or everyone smashes through the food truck in no time and then does gm. Its really up to your leaders preferences. We usually smash through the food truck together.

If it's two GM trucks it will be much harder. You're going to have to unload one at a time and just hustle. I don't have much experience with those though

We're on the O/N process. We usually take doubles during BTS/BTC and from now until around mid January then switch to singles (Talking GMs).

We're usually done by 12:30 on unload for a single and 1-1:30 for doubles.

Now, taking a double GM is exactly like a single, just with more freight. Hopefully your leaders will get into gear with the seasonal hirees, it sounds like it'll be a clusterfuck for you. I'm so sorry.

I should have been clearer. It's two GMs. It's gonna be nutty. Nearly three years on flow and we've never had a GM double. We've come close before, but our leadership does everything in their power to keep it from happening because they just don't wanna deal with it. They just make it an add-on an off day. Looks like this time we had no choice.

Our seasonal folk have been spoiled. They've been here a few weeks and we've been mostly getting little baby trucks (as in less than 1700 pieces) and they act like it's the end of the world. When I started here we were getting 2700+ piece trucks regularly. Now our average is more like 2400, but still. Our trucks lately are a cakewalk, and I think a double will blow their minds.

No matter what, I'm not super stoked for it.

When I first started with Spot, that store took doubles every night. ( I was only there for three months) The store I am at now is an ULV...we have only had maybe four doubles in the 19 years I have been there. I am so glad I am in a ULV store.

My store takes doubles during most of the year. We have 3 triples scheduled this week.

All I can say is good luck!

Twice as much of everything. Get clear instructions about backstock specialty pallets. Our line forms a Y an arm to each trailer w a tm "traffic cop" at the junction to keep things moving. Be rested and hydrated and you'll be fine.

Our line forms a Y an arm to each trailer w a tm "traffic cop" at the junction to keep things moving. Be rested and hydrated and you'll be fine.

We do the same thing with the flexible rollers for doubles.

We discussed our gameplan for the double during today's truck. We're tackling it all at once. Unloading one, clearing and resetting the line, then doing it again and pushing as much as we can before we open and then getting the pallets on flats as needed pushing until it's done. Hopefully day side will do a smart huddle or two to help us out.

So, we did it. It was brutal, but we did it. It helped that we had close to 45 people between flow and backroom helping out. First truck was 2000 pieces, second was in the neighborhood of 1500. We got it pushed and everything off the floor, and got all our go-backs and a couple other projects done, all before the store opened. Then about half of us stayed for a few more hours and got some more projects taken care of. We nailed it. :)

I realize that a lot of stores have doubles regularly, but we haven't had one in like five years, so I'm pumped for our team that we handled it.

Edit: even the flow seasonals, who suck, did not suck today. We all brought our "A" game and made those trucks feel foolish.

Last edited:
We're getting the first double in the history of our store this Saturday...I think we're gonna choke.

Double trouble !!! Double bubble !!! Bubble dubble !!!

It can be done, I've seen it happen in my dreams.... don't worry. Be happy.

Double trouble !!! Double bubble !!! Bubble dubble !!!

It can be done, I've seen it happen in my dreams.... don't worry. Be happy.
Not my normal team, but I've gotten moved from a salesfloor shift to that instead to try and compensate. I needed an early shift anyway...I'm down to stay as long as needed to finish push/backstock or c&s. Lol. Momma needs a kitchen remodel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back