Archived Downhill Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backups all day. Truck push on the floor from yesterday morning. Backroom and fire tunnel full of pallets. Leaking urinals. The ice machine in food ave is no working most of the time. Pricing, behind. Pog, behind. Salesplanners not done for 3 weeks now.

When I left today, one guest service tm, one cashier. I waited in a line 10 people deep. But I overheard the LOD tell the cosmetics tm, who was pushing yesterday's hba, "we don't need you Saturday."

What!!?? This is terrible. I'm really starting to think Target may not have a future.

Just .... sad.

Last edited:
This is how it's been at mine. They're telling the cafe people to not come in at least 3x/week (and guests aren't happy; I was off the clock and walking out and one stopped me to let me have it). If a cashier calls out and it's a weekday, well, sucks to suck -- especially when there's barely any sales floor to call for backup and I, anyway, feel guilty for doing so when they have so much to do.

Your PMT is horrible number one with urinal and ice machine problems. And they thought I was bad but I was not that horrible.

Management just doesn’t care at your store. Eventually guests will take notice and change their shopping habits.

Your PMT is horrible number one with urinal and ice machine problems. And they thought I was bad but I was not that horrible.

Management just doesn’t care at your store. Eventually guests will take notice and change their shopping habits.

We currently have no PMT. We have visiting PMT's a couple days a week. But it's someone different every day so no continuity and little communication.

We currently have no PMT. We have visiting PMT's a couple days a week. But it's someone different every day so no continuity and little communication.
Ah gotcha. Seems to be a trend lately where a lot of PMTs are leaving. I was a PMT too and leaving so my store is probably going to be in the same shape after some time.

I have to admit sometimes I get a little lazy when covering another store. I’m probably not going to fix a light that’s out, I probably won’t touch that base deck that’s slightly off, but dammit if a urinal is leaking or the soda machine doesn’t work, I’ll take a look, and at the very minimum put in for a vendor to come out.

I have to admit sometimes I get a little lazy when covering another store. I’m probably not going to fix a light that’s out, I probably won’t touch that base deck that’s slightly off, but dammit if a urinal is leaking or the soda machine doesn’t work, I’ll take a look, and at the very minimum put in for a vendor to come out.
Our PMT was out for a few months and one of the guys who covered was a complete sucker for the small work orders. I put in a WO for a light that was out, and he got right to it. So a few of us put in WOs for little things that our PMT didn't like dealing with or claimed wasn't really broken (crown needing a battery replacement, receiving doorbell broken, hard to reach lights burnt out, etc), and this guy fixed almost all of them.

It seems to me like the smart PMTs jump on the small jobs, particularly if they have any metrics around volume and time it takes to close WOs. You can clear out a lot of light bulbs and battery changes and boost your numbers.

Ask anyone who's worked in IT. The smaller, less important stuff always gets done first because it's quick and closing tickets fast makes everyone happy.

That sucks that your store is being neglected so much, but I don't think you can really judge the future entire corporation by one store.

That's true. That's why I posted here to see how everyone else is doing. I recently talked to the signing tm at a nearby store. It seems it's the same there. As of today, their patio flat is still not complete, and it was due last week.

Our PMT was out for a few months and one of the guys who covered was a complete sucker for the small work orders. I put in a WO for a light that was out, and he got right to it. So a few of us put in WOs for little things that our PMT didn't like dealing with or claimed wasn't really broken (crown needing a battery replacement, receiving doorbell broken, hard to reach lights burnt out, etc), and this guy fixed almost all of them.
I guess that’s kinda nice, but I wonder how many PMs or field projects he half assed or straight up ignored to do all those small things. Unless there were multiple PMTs and they were just really good about deciding who does what.

That's true. That's why I posted here to see how everyone else is doing. I recently talked to the signing tm at a nearby store. It seems it's the same there. As of today, their patio flat is still not complete, and it was due last week.

Yikes. Ours was done early last week.

I guess that’s kinda nice, but I wonder how many PMs or field projects he half assed or straight up ignored to do all those small things. Unless there were multiple PMTs and they were just really good about deciding who does what.
My PMBP would have a field day if you half assed a PM. Trust me it happened to me.

Most of our patio furniture is on the floor in seasonal. Except it's still in boxes on pallets. Pog decided to give up and they started on pets today.

Our patio was set in January with no issues but I remember last year we didn’t have everything we needed right away.

It's odd to me despite all these logistical problems the stores are still making boat loads of money. On on performance you can see the companies sales and we are comping up and growing.

Makes you wonder at what point the problems will show in lost sales

PSH BRUH, if a urinal has any issue other than some TP stuck in it, a vendor coming out.

I know when I cover a store I only do the preventive maintenance and priority corrective maintenance as well as double check vendors work. I’m not fixing carts, painting, or anything that isn’t a liability or a critical Steritec violation. I also don’t take a walkie or calls for service. I’ll provide a detailed report of what I did before and after leaving. See ya next week!

It's odd to me despite all these logistical problems the stores are still making boat loads of money. On on performance you can see the companies sales and we are comping up and growing.

Makes you wonder at what point the problems will show in lost sales
Just think of the money they would be making if their shelves were well stocked and the sales floor had adequate help.

The shareholders would never stand for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back