Archived Drinks on the sales floor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I'm a food team leader in a store that doesn't really seem to notice or care about food safety. I am consistently finding Team Members having water bottles, drinks, food on the sales floor. All over. Ambient room, Starbucks, fitting room, electronics, backroom, hell i even noticed a TL having Vitamin water in his back pocket. I was always told these are these are steritech violations. Is there any verbiage on Workbench to support this? I feel like I'm shouting to everyone till I'm blue in the face about food safety rules and my fellow leaders aren't sure of the rules so they don't support me. Advice?

I have no issue with it. Because spot keeps the stores so hot, why not.

Uhhhhhh, pretty sure they're talking about food prep areas where drinks are a no-no.
Having your personal drink around items of food that are for sale/consumption of others is a BIG violation.
We got dinged on a Steritech visit because of a drink cup on a shelf in the storage area.
Cashiers are allowed water cups on the lanes because it's not a food prep area.
They're told to keep them out of sight & not to take a drink in front of guests.

I have no issue with it. Because spot keeps the stores so hot, why not. With the new tv reset, electronics is now 90 degrees or higher.
All I ask is, please take your drink or cup when you leave.
You're totally an stl. Although youl never say it! :)

But to add to the post, yes it is a violation but it is one of those things that is looked past esp during spring/summer months. Nobody wants a heat stroke on thier hands!

No. As HLM said, take your damn cup or drink when you go. Too many flow TMs leaving stuff on the SF. If we do it we can't rag on guests leaving their cups from Starbucks. It is definitely a violation. I kept a water bottle in a Waco of an empty aisle in the BR (guilty), but I took it away daily and if I knew Steritech was coming I'd scan the BR for violations. Keeps the PMT and CTL happy.

Don't be a snitch

It's just a bottle, as long as they take it with them who cares. I keep soda on the flex cart and no one bats an eye

Harassing tms because they would rather drink their own water than the shitty water fountain water is snitching. The store knows when Tech is on the way. They can clean up in time. Taking away the teams drinks will just cause them to hate Op.

In turn they work slower and get fired anyway

Hey guys!

I'm a food team leader in a store that doesn't really seem to notice or care about food safety. I am consistently finding Team Members having water bottles, drinks, food on the sales floor. All over. Ambient room, Starbucks, fitting room, electronics, backroom, hell i even noticed a TL having Vitamin water in his back pocket. I was always told these are these are steritech violations. Is there any verbiage on Workbench to support this? I feel like I'm shouting to everyone till I'm blue in the face about food safety rules and my fellow leaders aren't sure of the rules so they don't support me. Advice?

Having been a PA i know food safety rules just as much as you do. You want to take my coffee when I am here at 4 am? no you won't.

I find banning Liquids in a work setting a violation of workers health, especially in the environment Target provides us to work in when we are closed.

Ambient room is a no go for me however, as food safety. All the other reasons is because of Target's "Image". How many stores failed Steritech because a Guest left a drink on a shelf?

My store got gigged by Steritech for drinks in receiving. It is definitely a violation.
The last Stretch visit I walked I was informed that the rule had changed and it was no longer a violation unless it's by food, like in the same waco as food.
Thats what I hear. Steritech doesn't care about food or drink in the non-food areas of the store. In food avenue or grocery, yes its a problem. In furniture or electronics no.

Having been a PA i know food safety rules just as much as you do. You want to take my coffee when I am here at 4 am? no you won't.

I find banning Liquids in a work setting a violation of workers health, especially in the environment Target provides us to work in when we are closed.

Ambient room is a no go for me however, as food safety. All the other reasons is because of Target's "Image". How many stores failed Steritech because a Guest left a drink on a shelf?
none

My Store is food prep areas, and Waco's in the back room. They know you can't keep people from having fluids but the push is on making sure people clean up after themselves. Have your drinks but clean up. If not we will ban them all. Meaning we won't bitch if you have them on the floor before we open but we better not find half empty Gatorades all over the floor and in the Waco's in the back.

What about fairness within team members? Why can Joe S in market not drinks on the floor, but Sally F in the fitting room and Ryan P in Electronics can?

What about fairness within team members? Why can Joe S in market not drinks on the floor, but Sally F in the fitting room and Ryan P in Electronics can?

You can't fairly compare the two. We have diabetics at my store who eat or drink sugary drinks to maintain blood pressure. If they aren't in a food service area or facing guest I don't see an issue.

I hate how we have gotten to a point we are so petty we say. But so and so does it

The entire electronics team always has a drink on them. There isn't a water fountain near by and sometimes you just need a drink. We keep them out of sight in an empty cabinet and as long as we take them with us no one cares. Though, sometimes we rush and forget our drinks. We just throw them out for each other. I text them to let them know I forgot and to please toss it for me.

The entire electronics team always has a drink on them. There isn't a water fountain near by and sometimes you just need a drink. We keep them out of sight in an empty cabinet and as long as we take them with us no one cares. Though, sometimes we rush and forget our drinks. We just throw them out for each other. I text them to let them know I forgot and to please toss it for me.

Yup our electronic tms are notorious for downing monsters during the return scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back