Drive Up TMs should wear shorts

DBZ

I think the TMs who run out the Drive Ups should be allowed to wear shorts. They are outside a lot and it is hot out there. Today, there was a debate about who spends more time outside, DU or CAs. I think the FoSAs do, but really they are both outside a ton. Have any of you been able to convince anyone that DU TMs should wear shorts?

I also think the DU and FoSAs should have high visibility t-shirts that are target branded. It is crazy to wear a shirt and a vest. I don't know how you all down south survive. They got us coats, now get shirts.

And HQ, thanks for telling all the stores that our TMs need to be hydrated. After last year's no water at GS rule, we appreciate the change

shorts are a store by store thing, work with your leadership to see if they will allow it, and i don’t think anyone really makes high vis shirts in a made to order capacity, it’s why the high vis gear we currently receive isn’t target branded since it’s all just generic safety gear

shorts are a store by store thing, work with your leadership to see if they will allow it, and i don’t think anyone really makes high vis shirts in a made to order capacity, it’s why the high vis gear we currently receive isn’t target branded since it’s all just generic safety gear
I know my store allows it but I'm in a desert so just talk to your leadership and if it is a high-temperature place I don't see why they'd decline. As long as you look professional

Our HR ETL custom made a bunchnof shirts for our drive up team. They got neon green long sleeve tees, short sleeve tees, and light weight hoodies. The back has a big bullseye and says drive up.

Our HR ETL custom made a bunchnof shirts for our drive up team. They got neon green long sleeve tees, short sleeve tees, and light weight hoodies. The back has a big bullseye and says drive up.

are they actually high vis or are they just neon green though? like this is super cool but if it’s not actually high vis with the reflective material and everything it technically can’t be used for drive up from a team member safety perspective :/

Drive up my store used to be allowed to wear shorts but not any more. Some girls were wearing to short of shorts and some people showing up in shorts when they were scheduled on a register. At my store sometimes my schedule says checkout advocate and I get there and I’m on drive up, and sometimes it’s the opposite scheduled drive up end up being check out advocate.

Drive up my store used to be allowed to wear shorts but not any more. Some girls were wearing to short of shorts and some people showing up in shorts when they were scheduled on a register. At my store sometimes my schedule says checkout advocate and I get there and I’m on drive up, and sometimes it’s the opposite scheduled drive up end up being check out advocate.
There's always those people or that person that ruins it for everyone.

Our store allows our Tms to wear shorts when doing drive-ups, as long they look like khaki, our DM doesn't want denim shorts. i work at a target store down in FL and the one id wish we have was a canopy to have shade when doing drive ups

I think the TMs who run out the Drive Ups should be allowed to wear shorts. They are outside a lot and it is hot out there. Today, there was a debate about who spends more time outside, DU or CAs. I think the FoSAs do, but really they are both outside a ton. Have any of you been able to convince anyone that DU TMs should wear shorts?

I also think the DU and FoSAs should have high visibility t-shirts that are target branded. It is crazy to wear a shirt and a vest. I don't know how you all down south survive. They got us coats, now get shirts.

And HQ, thanks for telling all the stores that our TMs need to be hydrated. After last year's no water at GS rule, we appreciate the change
I been wearing shorts since I started working there, Honestly I’m all for other people up front wearing shorts that do drive up and front of store stuff.

I don't remember the brand, Armour something, but there is a cooling undershirt that my husband and his friends said worked well. They would wear heavy, hot costumes, and that helped with keeping the internal temperature down. It had big tubes, maybe half an inch diameter, with mesh between, the tubes allowed for space between skin and outer wear and the mesh, well, mesh. See if it looks like that.

on go cart they have these cooling vests... there mad expensive but does anyone have these and are they worth it?
I’ve seen the drive up people at my store wear shorts with no complaints from the other leads. I went to order cooling vests last year when I was closing lead, but they’re hella weird. Like you fill these containers with ice and you wear that to keep cool.

I’ve seen the drive up people at my store wear shorts with no complaints from the other leads. I went to order cooling vests last year when I was closing lead, but they’re hella weird. Like you fill these containers with ice and you wear that to keep cool.

I would hope they'd be something like pre-constructed packs you put in the freezer (like the first aid gel cold packs), but then nobody would do that and they'd be useless. Unless you issued people a cold pack and it was their responsibility to cool it at home and bring it in and if they forget it/lose it, too bad.

I'd kill for something like that, tbh, and I don't even work drive up. I sweat constantly running around the sales floor. It's humid in domestics at my store (there's a fresh air intake, I think, that does it).

Back