Drive up TMs

DBZ

How many tips have you gotten and/or refused? At my store, we have to refuse them. I've had several people trying to give me a $20.

Same here, refuse them. It’s company wide policy that we don’t take them, and if they insist I think you give them to AP. Or GSTL, I forget.

Last edited:
No, the tip policy actually changed a year and a half or so ago. Refuse first, if the guest insists you are allowed to keep as long as it is reported
This is correct. We have to say no once. If the guest, to borrow the words of our redcard selling tactics, pushes past the first no, we are allowed to keep as long as we tell an ETL/AP/HR

At Starbucks we refuse &, if they still insist, it goes into the register.
That came down from HR & AP both.

I do tell them; another barista suggests doing a survey & giving us a good word.
One of my regulars kept insisting I 'tuck it in my apron pocket' until I pointed out the camera dome.

We had a guest insist on giving a team member on the checklanes a tip. The TM tried to say no but the guest insisted. The TM turned it in to the gstl.

This is correct. We have to say no once. If the guest, to borrow the words of our redcard selling tactics, pushes past the first no, we are allowed to keep as long as we tell an ETL/AP/HR
Oh, that’s nice to know. I just appreciate the guest offering in the first place.

Had a guest come put in an office order - seven drinks, five breakfast sandwiches & three pastries - while I was by myself (mid didn't come in til later).
Afterwards he left me a $20 on the counter & walked away before I could protest.
I mentioned it to AP & was told I had to put it in the register :mad:

Had a guest come put in an office order - seven drinks, five breakfast sandwiches & three pastries - while I was by myself (mid didn't come in til later).
Afterwards he left me a $20 on the counter & walked away before I could protest.
I mentioned it to AP & was told I had to put it in the register :mad:
Search on workbench for tipping policy. Print it and show it to AP and ask for the $20 back. :)

Same here, refuse them. It’s company wide policy that we don’t take them, and if they insist I think you give them to AP. Or GSTL, I forget.
I've heard, refuse them , butt if offered again , take them, itll make the guest happier, and they will come back more.

Back