Archived Drive Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started doing Drive Up..... Today a guest claimed their order was wrong and wouldn't sign the device. Whomever put the order together forgot one of the items... This was not something I was aware of prior to them arriving.
My device showed items 2 of 2, but their receipt showed 3 items.
It probably took me 5-6 minutes to get her to sign it.... I told my LOD and he seemed very angry as if it was my fault. Does the LOD get in trouble due to the duration of the order? I was really confused by the hostility.
I'm pretty upset that I was made out to be the bad guy.... I work my ass off.

Why does a team member only get very minimal time to complete the Drive Up? The time given is barely enough time to get to their car. When there is any problem the allowed time is impossible.
There is no pause function. The clock just runs. If they refuse to sign what can you do?

The tracking system is messed up. We will get a notification a customer is on their way, and the ETA will say something like 12 minutes. This time never updates until they arrive. The only way to make the deadline is being lined up at the exit waiting for the guest. When you're the only person working customer service you can't line up at the door. If they arrive while you're helping a customer you're screwed.

Last edited:
We have our Drive Up TMs keep myGO open, and they were told to cancel the order on there if the guest refuses to sign, and the guest can come inside and purchase their items at the service desk if they still want them. :rolleyes:

We have our Drive Up TMs keep myGO open, and they were told to cancel the order on there if the guest refuses to sign, and the guest can come inside and purchase their items at the service desk if they still want them. :rolleyes:
If the order was correct then there would not be an issue with the guest refusing to sign it. If I placed a drive up order and all the items were not there I would not sign it. I would be pissed if I then had to come into the store to pay for my order. Kinda defeats the purpose of drive up. It is really frustrating when I have a guest come to GS to pick up their order only to find out there are missing or damaged items.

This is exactly why we have them sign it and then hand them their items so if there’s a problem we can fix it without being timed. Also the entire point of the drive up position is the person waiting at the door for them to arrive, the service desk TM shouldn’t be doing drive up by themselves.

Gotta love when they do 4 separate orders forget to press that they are on their way and show up and press leaving arrived leaving arrived etc all in one back to back car horn extravaganza while everyone at guest service is scrambling because they didnt say they were on their way until they got there. Should be fun during 4th quarter.

Gotta love when they do 4 separate orders forget to press that they are on their way and show up and press leaving arrived leaving arrived etc all in one back to back car horn extravaganza while everyone at guest service is scrambling because they didnt say they were on their way until they got there. Should be fun during 4th quarter.

Seems like the first thing that would come to mind when designing the fulfillment process, to me anyway.

One way they could fix this is to have the app check the time between button presses + proximity to the store (gps) so it would flag as a guest screw up and stop the timer. Won’t happen of course but hey.

One time we had a guest whose order was 8 different cases of soda and they pulled the whole “I’m here” with no warning and the drive up TM completed the order for them and then brought out the order 💀

A nearby store is live with DriveUp, I saw someone receiving their order when i stopped at that store to shop yesterday. My store is apparently waiting for local government approval. We don't even have the pylons installed yet, so I have no idea how long. What's annoying is that we just had our parking lot redone, you would think they'd want to install the pylon at the same time?

I dont think all stores are going to get drive up. I could be wrong but I think this next year even with all of the comp % being high, we may see some of the ULV stores closing.

The service desk should've been given more hours to staff for Drive Up. For the most part the OPU TM shouldn't be alone. If they are alone, GSTL or LOD are supposed to help.

If the order was wrong, I understand why the guest wouldn't want to sign. Switch over to the myGo, edit the counts to take off whatever isn't present, and process it there. IF the guest is using the app properly ad gives you a heads up, you should be using that time to check the order. That way you can grab the missing items off the floor before they arrive or you're prepared to explain to them about their missing items.

We have someone who is specifically supposed to do drive up. This person decided to take nearly a 2 hour lunch..... Nobody told me about it.... Not sure how that was approved, but it left me completely by myself.
It's funny because I did all of the drive-ups for the day... The entire system needs reworked if it's going to be timed. At the very least we need a button that says "problem with order" and it stops the clock.

The timer stops as soon as you scan their barcode. If there are any problems with the order, tab over to myGo and handle it in there.

It stops prior to the signature?

Correct.

If the Drive Up app was showing 2/2 items, then it sounds to me like the guest ordered 3 items, but one of the items was OOS and was cancelled. The guest may have been referring to their original order email as their "receipt."

There is usually an orange dot next to the order name whenever an item on a drive-up order is cancelled.

Correct.

If the Drive Up app was showing 2/2 items, then it sounds to me like the guest ordered 3 items, but one of the items was OOS and was cancelled. The guest may have been referring to their original order email as their "receipt."

There is usually an orange dot next to the order name whenever an item on a drive-up order is cancelled.

When you click into the order you can see what specifically was INFed as well

Drive up is cool, and once you get the hang, as people suggest, there sre ways to make sure the honking glich isnt a problem. Order pickup is even more popular. Returns are high, though.

Ugh. Why are some items not available for drive up? I mean, I understand perishables. But this is a lousy dish brush. It's in stock, I have several other items already in my cart so it's not like I'm gonna make a TM run out for a $3 item, and the store does have DU actively available. And of course it's the item I need the most from this run.

Maybe I should just Shipt an order to my office. The whole point of wanting to do DU is I don't have time to run in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back