• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

As most of you know by now, there was an earthquake west of richmond virginia. I jsut got text from a co worker and they have evacuated the store until further notice. We felt this in VA near DC

Hope everyone is ok and not freaking out too much

I just got a text from a co worker who is at work now. She told me other Targets in our area, DC metro area, are closing or closed. But our store isnt closed yet. We are due for aftershocks.

What is target's policy on earthquakes and evacuating buildings in emergencies?

Ours is open. Call your store first and/or call 800-888-0333, then enter your store number for your store status. That number is available 7/24.

Store closed and employees evacuated just for a 5.8 quake? Was there too much stuff on the floor or something?

Store closed and employees evacuated just for a 5.8 quake? Was there too much stuff on the floor or something?

I went through a 5.3 quake. It'll knock anything off the headers & shelves.

I am sure everyone has heard the joke about the earthquake was caused by our founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

Here is the the Target version:

The earthquake was caused by the combined effect of all the Virginia Target Team Members dropping their jaws when they were told that their stores were not hiring seasonal TMs this year, and hours were going to be cut even further for this upcoming Holiday season.

<I hate auto-correct>

Last edited:
The earthquake was caused by the combined effect of all the Virginia Target Team Members dropping their jaws when they were told that their stores were not hearing seasonal TMs this year and hours were going to be cut even further for this upcoming Holiday season.

I am kind of concerned about this being close to the truth

A few things fell off the shelves :rolleyes:

remodel.gif

^Looks like my store after BTS!

Glad you're alright, HLM!
Hope everyone else is, too.

Wow, don't know what is more shocking. The earthquake or the news of seasonal hires. They have been eluding to it though.

Still hope that everyone and their families are o.k. It's hard to prepare for a disaster but even worse when you can't predict it. Take care of yourselves.

From what i was told, i lot of stuff fell off the shelves at my store.

Also, good luck to everyone on the east coast preparing for irene. P fresh/market/toilet paper, you will be busy.

Please tell me that seasonal hires thing is a joke....

Although based on recent trends, wouldn't surprise me at all

Try not to panic GreatTeam.

The ideal has always been to hire team members who were good enough to be "keepers". That's the problem with getting too little info out of corporate. And that is why we come here. We give each other encouragement. Besides, I have enough on my plate without adding fourth quarter hiring into the mix.

Just finished a spurt of hiring. Got some real promising ones, several that are on the fence & a few train wrecks & walking dramas that self-termed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back