Eggs

It wasn’t the usual FDC delivery but I can’t remember who it was. We’ve never had eggs delivered before.

We got communication late yesterday that they were going to be using other vendors to do direct to store deliveries such as Cysco, McClaine, etc to get more food to stores as FDC and C&S are having supply issues and keeping up with the demand. Your SD & GM ETL should have got the communication and "forgot" to pass it on. A lot of these items will be NOP or just on the flex POG we are supposed to tie twice a week

Did anybody else get eggs delivered through receiving today? Do they need checked in or are they an assumed delivery?
You should have refused it. Nothing as such should be thru vendors . Only fdc
Select stores had eggs delivered from Sysco. They require a detailed check-in.

It’s under Coronavirus Store Resources, Workload Update, April 21.

Who delivered these eggs the Easter bunny
??

devito.gif

I've seen a lot of random products delivered--items in chem & paper from brands I've never seen in store before. I assume it's whatever they can get and we're happy to have it. That has slowed down now that we have plenty of TP & paper towels in stock, but if we can get random cleaning supply & paper towel deliveries, why not eggs?

We got communication late yesterday that they were going to be using other vendors to do direct to store deliveries such as Cysco, McClaine, etc to get more food to stores as FDC and C&S are having supply issues and keeping up with the demand. Your SD & GM ETL should have got the communication and "forgot" to pass it on. A lot of these items will be NOP or just on the flex POG we are supposed to tie twice a week
My grocery store also has done the same thing. We were able to order some produce items through FreshPoint a Sysco company. Also, a few weeks back we got a DSD order of candy, dried fruit, nuts, and trail mix that normally comes from our own warehouse. The Vendor came and stocked the product, cleaned and vacuumed the shelves, as well as checked for out dates.

I've seen a lot of random products delivered--items in chem & paper from brands I've never seen in store before. I assume it's whatever they can get and we're happy to have it. That has slowed down now that we have plenty of TP & paper towels in stock, but if we can get random cleaning supply & paper towel deliveries, why not eggs?
We have been given what are called Coronavirus Flex Pogs for essentials- full of odd brands with no home locations -random items that we tie but do not know WHICH items from them will come in - been only about 20% of the items listed on the pog .
Maybe they can’t find an egg vendor to include in the F&B flex pogs. Although the F&B ones have been mostly G&G replacements for market pantry packaging unlike the essential ones which are just random brands of paper towels, gloves etc.

Select stores had eggs delivered from Sysco. They require a detailed check-in.

It’s under Coronavirus Store Resources, Workload Update, April 21.
I haven't had a chance to look on Workbench, but is it considered a food delivery where it needs to be tempted and written in the "Food Delivery" binder?

Back