Archived Electronic Merchandise Pre-orders (specifically game consoles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening forum goers!

So even though I've cumulatively spent years working in Electronics and even oversaw the launch of the Wii and PS3 back in the day...this go around with Spot I have yet to hear anything about console pre-orders.

Is it a thing?

I would prefer to get my Nintendo Switch at Target and get my discount. Plus I'd rather not have to fight for an order with Amazon or Gamestop as I'm sure they'll run out quick.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance!

Whenever the ps3 and xbox one were released, stores got a certain number of reserve cards (worked the same as pre sell cards for new release video games), I believe my ULV store got 7 cards, which i figure was the amount of consoles they got on release day. Not sure how online fares in comparison

Whenever the ps3 and xbox one were released, stores got a certain number of reserve cards (worked the same as pre sell cards for new release video games), I believe my ULV store got 7 cards, which i figure was the amount of consoles they got on release day. Not sure how online fares in comparison
Does your store actually do anything with the game reserve cards, like do you set the games aside? Our store doesn't do that. Nor do we reserve consoles.

We don't do console preorders in my store, we're told to tell guests to preorder it on the website.

At my store we take the preorders seriously. We make sure to check workbench to see how many games to set aside.

The last system that we did preorders for was the Wii U. I don't recall if we did them with the NEW Nintendo 3DS.

There hasn't been any word on in store preorders for the switch yet, although I'm sure we will be getting cards. The way console preorders work is they print the store location you bought it at on the card so you can't do the preorder at one target and pick it up at another. I certainly hope we do in store preorders. The Target.com ones are going quickly. Plus I don't want to shell out money up front for it anyways.

So apparently preorders were supposed to start for these on the 21st but like every website is already allowing preorders

and by every I mean I just checked two places

So apparently preorders were supposed to start for these on the 21st but like every website is already allowing preorders

and by every I mean I just checked two places
I think all of the major retailers are starting preorders now. Today being the day it starts has been public knowledge for a little while (according to my husband the obsessed Nintendo fan anyway lol), but I only found out about that during the Switch presentation last night.

I went ahead and pre-ordered at GameStop for both the Nintendo Switch and the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition.

I can't trust that Target will sort this out. While I would love to use my discount, I'm not waiting in line for this thing or taking any chances.

Does your store actually do anything with the game reserve cards, like do you set the games aside? Our store doesn't do that. Nor do we reserve consoles.
At least at my store, it's never really quite high number so we do put the designated number in the hold lock-up at our boat. I remember when super Mario maker first came out, we had one unpicked up copy and people wanted us to call them the next day if it was put back out lol

So I've had several guests today ask if we're doing Nintendo Switch pre-orders.

No one knows....lol

Has anyone else heard about this?

Yeah, I saw it online the night it was announced and the following day.

I'm going to ask my Team Leaders next time I see them.

Well, everything I've heard points to Target not doing in store pre-orders for the Nintendo Switch...and while we still have the Zelda pre-order cards for the Wii U version of the game, I haven't seen anything for Switch games.

Anyone else hear anything?

pre-orders came and went. they were given an allotment and chose to do it online vs in-store. store shipments will be sent the week prior to release as it will most likely go on ad too.

I realize there were online pre-orders for the system and stores are clearly just doing first come first serve.

Now the question turns to games. Are we getting pre-order cards for Switch games soon?

I wouldn't be so quick to write off in store pre-orders just yet. Target is usually a little slow on getting them out. I know the Wii U had online Pre-orders long before we got the cards sent out to us. Now I haven't heard anything as of YET, but I am keeping a vigilant watch for them. Usually they should come in a DTS shipment. Also it is a good idea to check Planogram revisions and item search periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back